Corsair Community

Immense amounts of lag using the Corsair Void 7.1 USB

starkinho

Hello, I recently bought the Corsair Void 7.1 USB version and everything was fine until I installed the CUE software. For starters, the windows wasn't detecting the headset, so I had to install and older version of the CUE, and then the windows detected the headset and everything was again working perfectly except for when I try to play any games using this headset, my fps goes to 20~30 and if I unplug and plug the headset again, my fps goes back to ~120.

What should I do?

P.S: I've tried the newer version of the software and the windows now detects the headset, but I can't record my audio using that software version.

• Corsair Employees
Wow a Nforce board. We don't do any testing for legacy chipsets but the first step in finding a resolution for your issue would be to update any USB drivers. Latency related to USB activity is typically due to the controller having issues with USB audio, which in this case is exasperated by our audio driver (for Dolby implementation). You may be better off getting a different USB PCIE card with a newer controller for better performance.

• 1 year later...
Recently solved a similar issue for myself using a virtual sound card, the description of this method can be found here (
). It may solve this issue as well for any still coming to this thread seeking answers. (involves forcing programs to input audio as 44100Hz into a virtual card and then outputting to the headset as 48000Hz)

Archived