Corsair Community

Goodbye Corsair

vSyNd

I own the Rapidfire K70 and the M65 RGB.

Great hardware, but it's all completely ruined by the software.

Buggy, Crashing, Functions not working, Functions resetting themselves, updates breaking settings, updates breaking everything in general.

Consumers pay upwards of $200+ for your products, we are not your guinea pigs. Test your broken software with a test group, we want a functioning ecosystem, not this trash.

I'm not going to come back here every month or 2 to get support for your flawed software, I don't care that you are here to help when I have to get help that often.

Will be shaming and fully not recommending any products from corsair for a while. Back to Logitech for me.

I'll hold on to my hardware and test them out in a few months, but I've been having these problems off and on with the software since I got my products (6+ months) and it's not worth the trouble.

Corsair does have a test group and that is me and a couple others. The software has come a long way. It is indeed very functioning aside from few bugs and we try to test as much as possible before a release, it's just different people run into different problems, user error, different hardware causing different problems, there's no way to fix bugs if you don't do a public release to hear what others have to say. You will find bugs in any software and that includes Logitech and Razer. If you hate the new CUE then just got back to CUE 1 until CUE 2 is perfected which I know it will be. The best things take time and testing and I guess if you don't like that just go back to Logitech and Razer who have fewer functions in certain aspects because they can't handle making anything complex because of risking bugs ;)

Corsair does have a test group and that is me and a couple others. The software has come a long way. It is indeed very functioning aside from few bugs and we try to test as much as possible before a release, it's just different people run into different problems, user error, different hardware causing different problems, there's no way to fix bugs if you don't do a public release to hear what others have to say. You will find bugs in any software and that includes Logitech and Razer. If you hate the new CUE then just got back to CUE 1 until CUE 2 is perfected which I know it will be. The best things take time and testing and I guess if you don't like that just go back to Logitech and Razer who have fewer functions in certain aspects because they can't handle making anything complex because of risking bugs ;)

Functioning and Functional have very different meanings. Yes the software turns on and works at times, but no it's not a stable/reliable piece of software that I can count on when I turn on my computer day to day playing my games.

I agree, there are bugs in all software, but I've never dealt with Logitech giving me problems every other month during a new update. Corsair consistently has given me issues throughout my ownership of this software, CUE1 and CUE2.

I started off with CUE1 when I first got my products, and my mouse was giving me problems. (check my old unresolved posts) I was pretty excited about CUE2, because it it's suppose to be better and new. For a while it has been going great, but it seems a recent update has messed things up.

Sacrificing Stability and Reliability of a product to come out with "new", "complex", and "innovative" technology seems to be a poor choice.

True complexity would be watching Corsair innovate while also keeping reliability, which they clearly can't.

Functioning and Functional have very different meanings. Yes the software turns on and works at times, but no it's not a stable/reliable piece of software that I can count on when I turn on my computer day to day playing my games.

I agree, there are bugs in all software, but I've never dealt with Logitech giving me problems every other month during a new update. Corsair consistently has given me issues throughout my ownership of this software, CUE1 and CUE2.

I started off with CUE1 when I first got my products, and my mouse was giving me problems. (check my old unresolved posts) I was pretty excited about CUE2, because it it's suppose to be better and new. For a while it has been going great, but it seems a recent update has messed things up.

Sacrificing Stability and Reliability of a product to come out with "new", "complex", and "innovative" technology seems to be a poor choice.

True complexity would be watching Corsair innovate while also keeping reliability, which they clearly can't.

I would like to know exactly what issues youve been having that i have not, it would be useful to know.

I would like to know exactly what issues youve been having that i have not, it would be useful to know.

That's fair.

Mostly while in game, and even sometimes while not in game. I'll click on the icon to try and open CUE2 and it will lock up my mouse, wont open CUE2, and even lock up other things. After a small amount of time, everything will stop trying to lock up, but CUE2 will have never opened. I can go back to functioning everything on my computer correctly again. (This also happened with CUE1)

So QUE2 never opened, and it will just remain as an icon. I'll continue to try to open it, but every time I click the icon things start to lock up again.

Buttons remapping back to default, or just not functioning after I change them. Sometimes changing a mouse button function would cause the lockup mentioned above. (CUE1 and CUE2.)

Restarting my computer would sometime fix these issues, sometimes it wouldn't.

Just not going to deal with these issues on a regular basis. After 6+ months of dealing with it. I'm done.

I've never had these issues with Logitech, used Logitech exclusively for years before switching to Corsair, which I was really excited to get my K70 and M65 RGB, I really like the hardware. I have used Corsair for only a year at most, and the stability is just night and day. Logitech does a way better job at keeping things stable and functional.

Logitech does a way better job at keeping things stable and functional.

I only have limited experience with Logitech products, but none of it makes me want to keep buying them. The software for my bluetooth mouse doesn't get the most basic things right, and the software for my G430 headset became so bad in later versions that I purposely downgraded to an old version from 2015 and haven't upgraded since then.

Corsair's software has been stable and usable for me with my K65, K70 and M65 Pro over the past year. It's not the most intuitive, but CUE2 has improved a lot over CUE1.

I only have limited experience with Logitech products, but none of it makes me want to keep buying them. The software for my bluetooth mouse doesn't get the most basic things right, and the software for my G430 headset became so bad in later versions that I purposely downgraded to an old version from 2015 and haven't upgraded since then.

Corsair's software has been stable and usable for me with my K65, K70 and M65 Pro over the past year. It's not the most intuitive, but CUE2 has improved a lot over CUE1.

Yea, I'm hoping Corsair gets the stuff together, I miss my Rapidfire Switches already, but it's just not worth the headache.

That's fair.

Mostly while in game, and even sometimes while not in game. I'll click on the icon to try and open CUE2 and it will lock up my mouse, wont open CUE2, and even lock up other things. After a small amount of time, everything will stop trying to lock up, but CUE2 will have never opened. I can go back to functioning everything on my computer correctly again. (This also happened with CUE1)

So QUE2 never opened, and it will just remain as an icon. I'll continue to try to open it, but every time I click the icon things start to lock up again.

Buttons remapping back to default, or just not functioning after I change them. Sometimes changing a mouse button function would cause the lockup mentioned above. (CUE1 and CUE2.)

Restarting my computer would sometime fix these issues, sometimes it wouldn't.

Just not going to deal with these issues on a regular basis. After 6+ months of dealing with it. I'm done.

I've never had these issues with Logitech, used Logitech exclusively for years before switching to Corsair, which I was really excited to get my K70 and M65 RGB, I really like the hardware. I have used Corsair for only a year at most, and the stability is just night and day. Logitech does a way better job at keeping things stable and functional.

When you tried to open CUE, did you right click and bring to foreground or did you just keep clicking on it expecting it to open? Also make sure your not swapping between advanced and standard mode (going to be merged modes soon to prevent issues like this) when setting macros and stuff, they are stored different between modes and that could explain why restarting your computer "fixed" it sometimes. But it could just actual bugs.

When you tried to open CUE, did you right click and bring to foreground or did you just keep clicking on it expecting it to open? Also make sure your not swapping between advanced and standard mode (going to be merged modes soon to prevent issues like this) when setting macros and stuff, they are stored different between modes and that could explain why restarting your computer "fixed" it sometimes. But it could just actual bugs.

I tried both, both seemed to do it. But most of the time was double clicking it.

As far as I can tell it stays in standard mode unless I hit the advanced button.

Archived