Corsair Community

CUE standard/advanced lighting issus

MATT1987

Anyone figure out how to get CUE to automatically switch from standard and advanced lighting from profile to profile. Example: I have a default profile for everything other than gaming. This profile is standard lighting but when i start a game that i linked and uses an advanced lighting, CUE loads the profile but not the advanced lighting. I have to manually open CUE and switch it. And vise-versa, when i close that game it loads the default profile but not the standard lighting. I have to open CUE AGAIN and switch it back to standard mode and everything works.

Is there any way to get CUE to remember the standard/advanced state i saved it in like the version 1.16.42???

This quote may help;

I got a lot of requests to include Standard Lighting into Advanced Mode but it isn't easy to do at all because theyre not actual lighting patterns like you would find in a profile. It is something we do want to eventually do but it will take a very long time to implement since we'd essentially would have to start from scratch.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=161306

Thanks for the quote! But I don't think that was exactly what i'm trying to get across. Although that would solve my issue inadvertently. By making all standard lighting into the advance section i would no longer need to switch. Comparing 1.16.42 version and the 2.xx.xx the 1.16.42 had the standard and advanced separate and also switched between advanced and standard lighting automatically. I think this is just a saving issue where CUE saves the marcos, lighting, dpi but not the last state the lighting was in. So it defaults to the last manual state.

Thanks for the quote! But I don't think that was exactly what i'm trying to get across. Although that would solve my issue inadvertently. By making all standard lighting into the advance section i would no longer need to switch. Comparing 1.16.42 version and the 2.xx.xx the 1.16.42 had the standard and advanced separate and also switched between advanced and standard lighting automatically. I think this is just a saving issue where CUE saves the marcos, lighting, dpi but not the last state the lighting was in. So it defaults to the last manual state.

No, CUE 2 does not allow anymore a per-profile advanced/basic setting. The setting is now global unfortunately, I've been asking for the per-profile setting to be back since I saw CUE 2 the first time but that's not an option apparently. They plan on merging both modes, but as the quoted post above from James says, it will take a long while :(:

Archived