Corsair Community

Mouse Software Needs Updated

S1N9UL4R17Y

This is yet another "Not able to make macros with mouse clicks on mouse buttons" Topic, but since it still hasn't been fixed after years of being brought up I'm posting another one. There is no reason this should have ever been left out when the software was originally created other than by accident, and once it was pointed out, and Corsair acknowledged this missing function, there is no reason for it not have been fixed by now. I'm personally on the M95, and since the newer devices use the CUE software, and there is clearly no intention of updating the old one, why not update the CUE to work with the last gen peripherals (even if it requires a firmware update), and add this very useful, and standard feature that everyone else has to the newer software if it is not already.

"Why not buy a different mouse?"

Corsair is second to none in build quality, and to be honest I wouldn't even mind buying a new M95-like mouse if they made one that worked with the CUE, and was able to use clicks in macros, and had the same ring-like button layout, but I have never liked the button layout in a grid like the Scimitar (and the Razer MMO mice) have. The ring shape is much easier to use imo, with less fat fingering.

I'm aware there will probably be people coming out of the woodwork saying "what do you need clicks in your macros for", in which case I would ask "what do you need macros for at all if that is your way of thinking". Corsair is the only brand I've found yet to leave this out.

Also I know there will be a lot of people rolling their eyes at yet another one of these topics, but like I said it hasn't been fixed yet, despite being known about for years, and countless topics made about it, and it's a pretty inexcusable flaw in the software. If people just quietly go away, then the devs will just quietly "forget" to ever fix their software. Yes I get a little upset when I think about this topic because of how close the M95 is to perfection (again, imo), just with this one massive shortcoming that would be easy for the Devs to fix. Instead they just recommend people to go check out a 3rd party member of the forum's semi-workaround to their mistake. Not exactly a shining example of responsibility when your own forum works harder to fix something in your product than you do.

There is nothing unreasonable about this request

Okay, I'm done ranting for now.

Archived