Corsair Community

Corsair Void Wireless Auto Shutdown Bug

Thierry Driesse

Hello everyone,

I have a small problem and I can't find a solution that works anywhere.

My Void wireless will randomly say Auto shutdown initiated and power down, in the middle of a game.

This must be a a software bug because I have auto shutdown disabled in the cue software settings.

Can someone please tell me how to stop this from happening? I tried everything, reïnstalling the drivers and the cue software and resetting my device but to no avail, nothing works.

Thanks in advance,

Thierry

Hi all, we are aware that the auto-shutdown isn't working on certain systems.

We need a little bit of information to help with the investigation. If I don't already have your system specs, could you PM it to me along with which OS you're running and which games did you notice this happening on?

I have the same issue. I get it while playing Elite: Dangerous (for which I use a HOTAS) as well as when I play Blade and Soul. I also get it while watching videos with VLC or talking to my friends with discord. Sometimes I walk around the apartment while talking to them and the auto shutdown starts to initiate. The reason I got a wireless headset was partially for this flexibility. Hope you guys fix this soon :D

edit: My system specs are in my profile.

Hello,

I have the headset for a few days only, and yet I'm affected by the auto-shutdown bug. I was discussing on Skype and it occurred like 8 times in an hour. Everytime this happens, I have to fire up the CUE program and click on the "Surround" button for example to cancel the auto-shutdown...

The USB receiver is plugged on an USB 3 port on my motherboard, and my configuration is in my profile.

Hope you fix it soon. That's really annoying as that makes the headset nearly unusable!

I have found a pseudo workaround.

Whenever the CUE software is loaded/reloaded you need to uncheck/recheck the auto shutdown feature. So far this has been the only way I can get it to stop for long periods of time.

• 2 months later...

i recently bought this headset about 3 months ago and have been putting up with it long enough and experiencing the same issue does not matter what your doing at all it decides to auto shut down on its own whenever it wants even when its all ticked and set on disable auto shut off and it does it like every bloody 10 minutes to 15 minutes or so and is very frustrating when talking to people on team speak while playing games having it wanting to turn off only way to fix it for a few hours is to spam click the disable button and tick it on n off a few times but then again that don't work either sometime and for the price it costs to buy the headset you would expect that its going to be all working and not rubbish like it is with the auto shut off not working

at least set it up so it turns off when the screen sleeps (turns off after not doing anything on the pc for a certain amount of time not bloody how it is every 10 -15 minutes when ur watching a movie or doing other stuff , gaming ,chatting on team speak and so on)

SPECS

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586)

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz(over clocked to 3.2-3.4GHz) (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 12288MB RAM

Graphics: Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 SC

To most people I would say, for the moment, you may need to just have the USB cable plugged in all the time. Depending on how long you've had the headset, it may be either your system spec, or a faulty internal battery.

It's less likely to be a result of the latest update given how few people are complaining about it here.

• 1 month later...

Now I am a corsair enthusiast, I love these products, but a wireless headset that auto shutdowns at random intervals of less then 30 mins (how do i know this? well because they do it no matter what i do or do not have open, even just sitting at the desktop) is impossible to work with. :brick:

Now not to hit down any attempt to help with flames :flamethro , but why would i spend an extra 50-100 bucks just to have a wireless headset i have to leave plugged in to use :bsflag: ...... that just makes me want my money back.... more over the auto shutdown feature continues to shutdown the headset even while plugged in and charging. :veryangry

I can say quite clearly that buying this particular headset was a mistake :beenrippe, i've had it since the beginning of this year and had nothing but problems with it.

For example, when i walk to the kitchen (about 10-20m away) the headset drops out..... not an issue.... but when i return to my room there is no other way to get the headset to reconnect to the computer other then removing and reconnecting the usb dongle.....

this winds up being very frustrating if i go for more then 2 cups of tea during the day. :wtfman:

I use windows 10 64 bit i have 16 gigs of DDR3 ram using dual channel so 4 4gig sticks, i use the msi 970 gaming motherboard, i have an AMD FX 8320 black edition processor, i use the GTX 980ti graphics card as my main graphics card and i run a GTX 760 for dedicated phys-x, i have tried updating firmware, reinstalling software, setting everything back to factory and re running installing again.... nothing works, i was even tempted to see if i could program the auto shutdown feature out of it all together but there are no walk through so I'm stuck unless i can get assistance here.... :wtfeh:

Just for a confirmation on your issue, The headset turns off automatically even if audio is playing in the background (Excluding the range issue)? Is Auto shutoff disabled in CUE?

Upload your latest log file when the VOID Wireless headset automatically turns off.

Logs can be accessed from Settings>Support>View logs.

this is correct, even if audio is playing for instance today i was watching "The 100" on netflix while playing world of warcraft and holding a skype call and the headset auto shut off about 6 times over the coarse of 3-4 hours.... sometimes it's more regular, sometimes less, regardless of being plugged in or unplugged from a power source, now i went to look for those logs and the latest one was days before when i needed a log file, is there anyway to force it to create an up to date log file so i can do this right after i have the issue again for a more accurate reading?

• 2 years later...
i've had this headset for 2 days and as far as i can tell the bug is using the headset with the icue program. if you exit icue (and sadly get stuck with the default you began with, i wanted no lights to save power so this is why it's sad for me) and stay out of it this bug stops.

i've had this headset for 2 days and as far as i can tell the bug is using the headset with the icue program. if you exit icue (and sadly get stuck with the default you began with, i wanted no lights to save power so this is why it's sad for me) and stay out of it this bug stops.

Try re-installing iCUE and using a USB 2.0 port. USB 3.0 interferes with the signal.

[ame]

[/ame]

Hay guys.. It's 2019 now and I still have this problem..

I've had the Corsair voids a while.. When corsair link and CUE was split into two different applications everything was amazing had the best headset ever and didn't have to worry about anything, it was Always ready..

It seems as if though my headset is no longer functioning like it did ever since the new iCUE software released and Corsair Link was no longer needed..

1st issue: Corsair H115i does not remember settings.. Every time I turn of my computer it reverts back to old colours and the fan curve I fine tuned is just gone.. I found a work around for this error with a batch file that restarts the Corsair services on each start-up.. So that fixed this issue kinda...

2nd Issue: I can't at all use my headset while it's plugged into my computer at all.. and before you ask.. I've checked the cable and I've checked the headset multiple times they are both working 100% on the hardware side, but since iCUE Every time I try and use my headset while plugged in my Windows 10 freaks.. It keeps making the "usb device disconnected" sound like every second or every 2 seconds.. I've learnt myself to charge the headset when I'm AFK but on the days I forget it'll be nice to be able to use the headset as I once did..

3rd Issue: The "Auto Shutdown Initiated" bug since I've had the void I had the auto shut down enabled because it's a neat function that can save a ton of battery life especially with the abovementioned charging issue, but I play 5 mins and auto shut down is initiated, this is not bound to any type of game or software the error occurs with any type of media, YouTube, Netflix, Dota, battlefield, etc. The only way I can work around this issue is to disable/enable the Mic every time it initiates the auto shut down..

Can someone please direct me in the right way.. Never have I ever had to deal with 3 issues from 1 company at the same time.. I take care of my stuff.. If I have to transport my headset I do so with original packaging.. I'm on the point of getting rid of everything Corsair because of all the issues.. It's SUPER frustrating.. I paid good money for these components.. So please...

Thank you..

System specs:

Asus Z370 Prime-A

Intel core I5-8600K

Corsair H115i Cooler

16GB corsair vengeance

MSI RTX 2080

Corsair RM850i

Edit: iCUE version 3.10.125