Corsair Community

Best RGB ram for Asus Strix x570-E + AMD

Dalork

Hi all,

As title suggests I'm wondering which Corsair 32GB of memory would be most compatible or best with a Asus Strix x570-E and CPU will be AMD ryzen 3700x?

The 2x16gb Vengeance Pro 3600 ram suggested on Corsairs site isn't available here in Australia, wanted Corsair RGB because of Asus/Corsair working with iCue now.

Any other suggestions?

Hi all,

As title suggests I'm wondering which Corsair 32GB of memory would be most compatible or best with a Asus Strix x570-E and CPU will be AMD ryzen 3700x?

The 2x16gb Vengeance Pro 3600 ram suggested on Corsairs site isn't available here in Australia, wanted Corsair RGB because of Asus/Corsair working with iCue now.

Any other suggestions?

Read the boards QVL, memory listed there will be the most compatible. That's the first place everyone should begin, once you establish whats been tested, proceed with narrowing down to the purchase.

With my x570 Aorus Master thats what I did, read the QVL, then narrowed down to a purchase. Personally I think the dominator RGB are the best looking ram, but thats personal taste. I love the centipede like RGB look iCUE has.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the ASUS X570-E Strix Gaming motherboard with "CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 AMD Optimized Memory" (CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18) and while it does work fine for the motherboard (clocks to 3600MHz no problem), I'm having major issues getting ASUS Aura software to recognize the RAM. I've installed both iCUE and the Aura/iCUE plugin, restarted my computer, turned Aura on and off, turned iCUE on and off, and tried a bunch of different crap with no joy, so far. This is a major headache compared to G Skill RAM, which showed up in Aura immediately, with no need for other software or run-arounds like with Corsairs RAM. Just an unnecessary pain to deal with RGB for this RAM.

That's not great to hear, I ended up buying Corsair CMW32GX4M2D3600C18 though it's not in my hands as yet to try for another week or so as I bought online from the US and I'm on the other side of the planet.

I've been reading stories about folks not getting the ram to either run at full rated spec and/or RGB not working. And to think we all bought Corsair with the belief that it would be the most compatible for performance and lighting.

I've gone and got all Corsair fans/lighting, commander pro, H115 platinum, K70LP and dark core mouse etc hoping to keep it all working within the iCue ecosystem. I get a feeling I'm in for a heap of headaches and a lot of wasted money maybe, time will tell.

Edit: Well the good news is the ram I got just works, simple as that. I didn't do anything but it runs perfectly @ spec speed easily and the RGB flawlessly.

Edited by Dalork

• 11 months later...

Hi all

Has anyone got the latest Dominator Platinum RGB RAM (preferably in white :-)) to work with Ryzen 5900x and ASUS ROG X570-E Gaming?

When I do a search on the Corsair site,and input that mobo, 8 and 16 gb sticks show up, however they are not listed in the ASUS QVL.

The only 32gb kit is the CMT32GX4M4C3000C15 - 3000, and black only, no white SKU.

Keen to hear of your success or otherwise!

Cheers

Doogz

• 5 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 7:53 AM, Doogz said:

Hi all

Has anyone got the latest Dominator Platinum RGB RAM (preferably in white :-)) to work with Ryzen 5900x and ASUS ROG X570-E Gaming?

When I do a search on the Corsair site,and input that mobo, 8 and 16 gb sticks show up, however they are not listed in the ASUS QVL.

The only 32gb kit is the CMT32GX4M4C3000C15 - 3000, and black only, no white SKU.

Keen to hear of your success or otherwise!

Cheers

Doogz

Same situation here.  I plan to stick with the QVL list.

2 hours ago, Schmedlee said:

Same situation here.  I plan to stick with the QVL list.

Your choice but limiting. The QVLs are outdated even before they are published and are hardly (if ever) updated with new RAM. And they don't test all of the RAM on the market, either.