The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > System Builds, Modding, Custom Components, and Picture Gallery

Old 06-24-2019, 04:54 PM

POST ID # = 1009168
Heebus Reputation: 10
Default Diferent RGB conection ends

Hi All, I am putting together a new rig in a 1000D case, tryin to save a few bucks along the way untill everything is up and running. I have some RGB fans that dont have the same RGB connector as what the commander pro in the case has. Is there somewhere I can buy adaptors, connectors to make these work, or will I have to use there hub, or buy new fans all together?

thanx in advanced

Old 06-24-2019, 09:04 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009197
DevBiker Reputation: 88

It depends on the fans and the RGB that they support - there is 12V and 5V, analog and digital.
Without knowing anything more about the fans that you have, there's absolutely no way to answer your question.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:05 PM

POST ID # = 1009201

no, not talking about the power, but they actual connection itself, the plug on the fan isnt the same plug on the commander pro. The fan connnection looks like the ones used on rgb lighting for strip lighting, the commander pro more like a typical mb connection, I could take pics if that would help, dont want to name the brand of fan, not sure if its allowed

Old 06-24-2019, 10:12 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009202

A picture would help and yes, you have to consider the power requirements. Some RGB fans require 12V. Those will not work - at all - with the Corsair stuff. Some are 5V but analog - they also won't work. But I don't think that naming the fan would necessarily be bad. Usually the issues are where someone is either actively promoting or deriding a competitor. And more than a photo, the make/model or a link to the specs would be helpful.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:13 PM

POST ID # = 1009203

this is fan specs

Speed:1100rpm±10
Noise Level:17.6 DBA
Input Power: 6.36W
Rated Voltage: DC12V
Input Current: 0.28A
Life Time: 40000Hrs
Fan interface:3pin- 4pin
Size:120mm(W)*120mm(D)*25mm(H)

Old 06-24-2019, 10:15 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009205

Those specs aren't helpful. Need the specs for the RGB. 5V or 12V? Addressable or Analog? If addressable, is it WS2812B (most are)?
The motor is completely irrelevant to this. If you post the make and model, I will either a) know off the top of my head or b) can figure it out quickly. Outside of that, I really can't help you.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:21 PM

POST ID # = 1009206

these are the ones I have from amazon upHere 120mm 5V Sync RGB Led Case Fan

Old 06-24-2019, 10:30 PM

POST ID # = 1009207

I think this is model # T7SYC7-6 5v sync rgb PMW case fan

sorry if I dont seem helpful with info, I am not sure of the adressable or analog that u ask

Old 06-24-2019, 10:31 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009208

If you have the controller that's Aura Sync compatible with the 3-pin Aura connection, there is an adapter available for that or you can make your own.

If you want to build your own cables, you can check out http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174759. If it's Aura compatible, it'll be Corsair Pin 1 => Aura Pin 1 (both have arrows), C Pin 2 => A Pin 2, C Pin 3 => A Pin 4. On the Aura side, Pin 3 is blank (N/C).

Or if you just want to buy them, you can get them here: https://www.ebay.com/str/piratedogtech.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:33 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebus View Post
I think this is model # T7SYC7-6 5v sync rgb PMW case fan

sorry if I dont seem helpful with info, I am not sure of the adressable or analog that u ask
Yup, that's the Aura compatible model. (Some are and some aren't.) The Aura cable goes to the controller, which then distributes the signal and power to the fans.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:35 PM

POST ID # = 1009210

ok yes they are aura sync but the plug ins from the rgb fan is not the same on the commander pro, is there a adaptor plug?

sorry didnt see first post before ur last to say about making cable

Old 06-24-2019, 10:37 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009211

Quote:
ok yes they are aura sync but the plug ins from the rgb fan is not the same on the commander pro, is there a adaptor plug?
Look up in the thread.
There is an adapter available. Or you can build one - the Corsair parts are linked in my signature and the pinout is up above.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:42 PM

POST ID # = 1009212

yes thats why I edit my post, I seen after I posted u give link for how to make or where to buy

that u for ur help n patience with my post, u've been very helpful

Old 06-24-2019, 10:44 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009213

Quote:
yes thats why I edit my post, I seen after I posted u give link for how to make or where to buy

that u for ur help n patience with my post, u've been very helpful
Told ya ... give me the make and model and you'd have your answer! If I don't know, I can look at the specs/photos and tell in a minute or less. ;-)

Old 06-24-2019, 10:49 PM

POST ID # = 1009214

another question, if I use the original hub, say fans 1 threw to 6 the 7, 8,9 in commander pro, then final 3 into original hub, can I sync them in proper order threw aura sync?... I ask this cuz I have 3 140mm fans that will plug into commander pro, other 9 fans plugs arent the same, if ur kno the 1000 d case, I want the fans to run up the front of the case and accross the top, down the back n repeat, but again, the 140mm fans wouldnt be connected to same hub, or even type of hub