Corsair Community

Corsair Crystal 280X - PC case or PC oven

sepacheco

Hi guys ! Greetings from Brazil !

I´d fell in love with this case, and build my new system on this and...

I just can use my new PC because the temperature ! The system just shut down !

I´m using one Ryzen 5 3600 already undervolted cooled by an AIO 240mm water cooler placed on the top (the only place were it fits)

My GPU is one MSI RX 5700 XT Mech OC, already with undervolt, I know it´s a "hot" GPU...

4x 120 mm fans (front and floor - in-taking) with 43 CFM and the two fans from the AIO (58CFM high pressure) on the top (exhausting).

Everything goes OK till the GPU starts to do what have to do ... processing ! No complains about performance ! Is great for the price, neck to neck with RTX 2070 super for much less money

The heat do not dissipate into the case and starts to heat the processor, MB, disks, coolant and everything around ! When the mother board sensor (Biostar Racing X470GTQ) reaches 90C... all shut down !

The back from the case and the lateral glass get truly very hot !

Throw away the case or the video card ?

Have you some tips about ?

It´s a pity, cause the build looks so fancy and gorgeous :)

[]

Sandro

Edited by sepacheco
Typing errors

Hi! Sorry, I don't have tips, but there is something wrong in your setup.

This is my old post:

I build similar setup for my son:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock

RAM: Hyper X 3400 cl16

MOBO: MSI B450 Mortar Max

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Armor

CASE: Corsair 280 X

- 2x LL140 Frontal intake

- 1x LL140 Bottom intake

CPU Cooler: H100i Platinum SE (Top exhaust)

POWER SUPPLY: Corsair RM750x

CPU temp is around 34 Celsius when idling and after 1hour and 45minutes run Prime95 (Smallest FTT) CPU temperature is around 76-77 Celsius. Room temperature was little over 24 degrees.

All case and H100i fans are controlled by Commander Pro (custom fan curves) and none of them won't exceed 950 RPM.

280x is not good case from air flow point of view, but this setup is quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

a 240mm cooler should fit in the front as well ... depending on the length of the card. I have a i7-6700K/GTX 1070 in my 280X with room (barely) for a front radiator.

I have mine set up with a 240mm radiator at the top (intake), 2x120mm LL fans in front (intake) and 2x120mm LL fans in the bottom (exhaust). It's been running Folding @ Home pretty constantly for the past 3 days and has acceptable temps. Yes, it's warm but not crazily so. I've also run ROG RealBench in a stress test for an hour ... still acceptable temps.

GPU heat is an issue and the top is somewhat restrictive and can hold heat in, which is why I have it as intake. This tends to work better with cases where there is restriction at the top (we see this with BeQuiet! cases as well).