Corsair Community

H100i v2 Very High Temp (all the sudden)

Flayvors

Hello. I installed my new H100i v2 AIO cooler last night and the LED wasn't glowing but the pump was working. I was seeing a idle temp of 20°C and hadn't tested load temps yet. Today I awoke my PC from sleep and noticed the LED started showing. Except now, I am seeing an average of 60°C idle and over 100°C on load. I took off a side panel and felt the tubes and pump. The tubes were slightly vibrated as they should and I could feel the pump but temps were still 60°C in BIOS even and rising!

I hope somebody can help. I really am out of ideas. I thought I could just reinstall and put my own thermal paste on but then I realized everything worked just fine last night and I checked to make sure the preapplied paste looked good which it did. I saw no issues.

Thanks in advance!

Yes the fans are already set to max.

As long as that's the case (and you do mean in the BIOS, correct?), then it's (unfortunately) likely that you have an issue with the pump. Also ... double check that you have it mounted correctly (correct standoffs and that the standoffs are tight against the bracket; they will wiggle a bit before you get the cooler on) ... I actually had this issue myself and thought that maybe my pump was flaking out; it turned out that one of the standoffs wasn't properly tightened. The behavior that you describe with the LED is somewhat odd, to be sure but the temperatures that you are describing are indicative of a bad mount, improper power or pump failure.

Archived