Corsair Community

4.9.3.25 issue installing

Dominator01

I actually found out about it from after loading Corsair Link and it prompted me that there was an update, then i got that error. So then i tried downloading it and it would do the same exact thing. The error is something about the program did not close properly or something. I'll show you a screen shot, but i think alot of people are having that issue with this new update, something is wrong with it.

Well, it was just released and you're the first (and only, so far) to report it, so it's a little early to say that "a lot of people are having that issue".

That said, it's still concerning.

So ... a couple of things.

First, what version are you upgrading from?

Second, can you look in Event Log to see if there is an error in there? In particular, can you look for something at the time of the crash with ".NET Runtime" as the source. This will likely have a stack trace, which will give Corsair Dustin & The Dev Team an idea of where the problem may be.

Last, but not least, let's see if we can get the install to work. Can you download it separately, close Link and then install? If not, can you uninstall the previous version and then install?

I'm running version 4.9.2.27 and i have already closed down the app and tried running the downloaded install one with the same issue.

Application: Corsair LINK Installer v4.9.3.25.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000096, exception address 641081D1

Faulting application name: Corsair LINK Installer v4.9.3.25.exe, version: 4.9.3.25, time stamp: 0x57570038

Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 10.0.16299.98, time stamp: 0xe2fbf0fc

Exception code: 0xc0000096

Fault offset: 0x000481d1

Faulting process id: 0x2520

Faulting application start time: 0x01d370ab559c9f2e

Faulting application path: C:\Users\iSEVEN\AppData\Local\Temp\{1431A646-1215-4CF5-B0B2-2F07A2CF270B}\.cr\Corsair LINK Installer v4.9.3.25.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll

Report Id: 55b2ce62-1b9b-421a-bb4f-0664de3f83fb

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

OK ... we do have events. Those look like the "Application Error" events. Those are of limited use, to be honest. Look for another one, right by the Application Error, with a source of ".NET Runtime". Then look at the "Exception Info" in the General tab. It'll look like this:

AppError.PNG?psid=1

Honestly, i have upgraded or done a clean install of this utility for almost a year now and this is the first time ever having this kind of issue.

Yeah, the install has been pretty solid. No simple feat, by the way.

FYI: I have three systems with Link. On one, I did a manual uninstall/reinstall. I had planned this (for specific reasons). On the other two, the normal upgrade path worked like a charm.

I had this same issue. Link installer kept crashing every time I went to install the update, be it thru the old Link version or by downloading the standalone installer. I finally got it to work by closing everything in my app tray - which included Corsair CUE. Can't say for sure if CUE caused it but it's conflicted with Link in the past, recently too. Try closing CUE and other apps in your tray and trying it.

I have the same problem, and even if I try to uninstall (manually or with Revo Uninstaller) the 4.9.2.27 version I receive an error. So basically I cannot uninstall or install the new one over this existing version.

You literally posted right after I did so unsure if you saw what I just posted, but try doing what I said. Update us if it helped you.

I had this same issue. Link installer kept crashing every time I went to install the update, be it thru the old Link version or by downloading the standalone installer. I finally got it to work by closing everything in my app tray - which included Corsair CUE. Can't say for sure if CUE caused it but it's conflicted with Link in the past, recently too. Try closing CUE and other apps in your tray and trying it.

Okay, i tried your advice and be hold it worked, thanks a million.

• Corsair Employee
Can I get some more information from you guys as to what other applications were running in your system trays when you tried to install 4.9.3.25, as well as what your system configurations are? I want to report this to our validations team to find out what the root cause is.

Can I get some more information from you guys as to what other applications were running in your system trays when you tried to install 4.9.3.25, as well as what your system configurations are? I want to report this to our validations team to find out what the root cause is.

Dustin, the items I closed in my system tray were Corsair CUE, DS4Windows, Steam, Rainmeter, core temp, Intel RST, Sound Blaster Recon3Di control panel, Samsung Magician, Killer control center, Daemon Tools Pro, SoundSwitch, MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner statistics server, and the Nvidia thing that lets you open Geforce Experience or the control panel from it.

Edit: Oh and of course Link itself.

Archived