Corsair Community

Scimitar Pro RGB Issues

King_Mel

I'm on my second Scimitar Pro RGB mouse and, after RMAing the first one in September 2018 for the same issue.

The scroll wheel click now works perhaps 1 out of 10 presses. I have tried to clean around the scroll wheel to no avail, updated the iCUE software as well as the mouse drivers, however nothing has helped. Running Firmware v 3.1.4

With the games I play, this button i used almost as much as the main right and left click buttons, so this is really hindering me. I had the exact same issue with a previous mouse of the same model, however I RMA'd it for a new mouse and this sorted it.

I have a lot of faith in Corsair, I prefer the look and feel of this mouse over things like the Naga, however this issue really is make or break for me. If I can't find a solution I really do not want to get a third mouse with the fear of this simply happening once again.

Edited by King_Mel

Im having a problem with the Scimitar Pro RGB mouse as well, I just got it yesterday and every game i use it on the game will lag and the mouse will jump everywhere yet with my old mouse i do not have that problem, ive tried restarting my computer, restarting the software and to no avail. It just dosent seem to work with my computer and ive heard of similar problems with fixes that dont work for me. I have no idea what is wrong with this mouse of all mice but it just gives everyone problems

Im having a problem with the Scimitar Pro RGB mouse as well, I just got it yesterday and every game i use it on the game will lag and the mouse will jump everywhere yet with my old mouse i do not have that problem, ive tried restarting my computer, restarting the software and to no avail. It just dosent seem to work with my computer and ive heard of similar problems with fixes that dont work for me. I have no idea what is wrong with this mouse of all mice but it just gives everyone problems

I have had the same problem for roughly 3 weeks try a soft reset if that doesnt work hard reset the mouse, im waiting for a reply with Hard reset firmware for my scimitar pro. I'd suggest u open a ticket as soon as possible, I started mine on the 23rd and still nothing :(

found this on another thread from a while ago seen it the other day but missed this post as i went to open a ticket after reading the comment legit 2 above this.

Instructions sent to me by corsair for my Corsair Schmitar Pro RGB Model Code: CH-9304111

Note: I will not be held responsible if you further break your device by installing this firmware on the wrong mouse or you fail to follow the instructions below.

Firmware File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hwX...ew?usp=sharing

1: Unplug your mouse from the computer.

2: Locate the small pinhole underneath your mouse. For some, this will be located directly on the bottom in plain sight. On others, it will be located underneath one of the removable weights attached to the bottom of the mouse.

3: Using a small paperclip or push-pin, press down on the button inside the pinhole.

4: Plug your mouse back into the computer, while holding down the pinhole button.

5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.

6: Download the firmware file from the ticket. If it is compressed into a .RAR file, please extract this file to an easily found location on the computer.

7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in it’s name to the CRP_Disabled drive.

8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug your mouse and then plug it back in. The device will then return to normal. Please test to see if the issue reappears. If it does, please inform us on the ticket for further troubleshooting.

mine seems to be working atm

• Corsair Employee

For those looking for the firmware, create a ticket and request it and it can be sent over.

@King_Mel That's unfortunate. If still within warranty, we can certainly replace it again, although request the person on the ticket send the firmware first as sometimes it is just corruption from age.

@TurtleTeam, go into Settings in iCUE and turn down your polling rate to 500mhz. If that doesn't work, go down to 250mhz.