Corsair Community

HS1A Mic issues

ElcomeSoft

Hello there,

I received my HS1A on Friday to replace a prehistoric Logitech set I had, and liked the sound produced by them, also very comfy despite me not using cans for years. I went over budget by picking them up because I was looking for a good quality set and these received solid reviews, even Head-Fi.org forum goers didn't completely rip them apart.

But as soon as I fired up a game to have a bit of cooperative multiplayer fun with a good friend, I ran into some issues with the microphone. Playing with the in-game voice chat options, we found that my voice volume was low and the higher I pushed, the more 'static' noise my friend heard.

Outside in the world of Windows 7 x64, I discovered that my microphone volume was set at 100% so that was not an issue. Microphone boost helped with the voice volume but also introduced more 'static' on the receivers end and seemed to produce a very low noise in my HS1A's.

I removed my soundcard drivers, restarted my PC, installed the very latest drivers, restarted my PC and looked at the sound card utility settings. Microphone volume 100% there, double checked the Windows settings and found that they were unchanged. Testing revealed the same problem.

Ventrillo and Teamspeak gave me the same outcome. I recorded my voice via the Windows Sound Recorder program and had to ramp up the volume on my Hs1A's to maximum to be able to hear myself speak, and then it was clouded by other noise (not background noise).

I'm quite frustrated. Having worked with technology for plenty of years and been an IT Technician in my time, problems like this are a great challenge until you completely cannot see the answer. Audio is not my forte so I thought I'd post here before contacting Corsair for some sort of RMA (dodgy mic?) or the supplier of the headset for a refund.

Any ideas?

• Corsair Employee
Lets try and replace them but that should not be an issue with these head sets, as it will be based on the Audio card or controller you use, but some that have reported this and its not been many reported replacing them solved the issue. Please use the link on the left and request an RMA or speak with the reseller and see what they suggest.

Sent a Corsair Support Ticket (2046284) on Friday (the day I received them) and received a response yesterday. Sent ahead for an RMA at their suggestion.

Have I heard right that the nearest Corsair centre to the UK is actually in NL? If that is the case, I'll get in touch with my reseller as the cost to ship such an item to the NL would be very cost prohibitive.

• Corsair Employee
NP most resellers will replace them with in 30 days if needed, some countries have different laws with different requirements for reseller support so its best to check with your reseller and see what they say, worst case you would have to do the RMA directly with us.

Archived