Corsair Community

65 RGB Mouse

dj_m

Really frustrated.

The problem:

At computer start, the mouse lights up for a few seconds then turns off.

The "Performance and DPI" tab under Profiles - Works

The "Lighting" tab under Profiles - Does NOT Work

The "Assignments" tab under Profiles - Haven't messed with it, like the default settings.

Now, I have been googling and googling and googling for solutions to this problem, and near as I can tell, this has been a problem since late 2014. I have yet to have any of the "remedy's" work on keeping the lights ON on the mouse, let alone being able to change colors.

It would seem to me this is a software communicating with the mouse issue.

Is there a solution somewhere that I have missed?

I have.

Now, since last time I was on, I shut down my computer. The lights on the mouse magically came on, except for the wheel...but hey that's progress I guess.

After the computer started, the lights are still on. However, CUE says that there is no device connected.

This is clearly a software issue. Really wish they would fix this, especially since this seems to be an issue for at least 6 months now.

This is a beautiful mouse and it is a shame that because of software, it is essentially no better than a $4 mouse from Target....

• Corsair Employee

If you haven't already, contact our tech support for a much more rapid response. Not many users will be able to assist you as this issue isn't something I see here on my system or in the lab. I'll see if I can replicate it as we have this same board.

What FW are you also using, and what version of the SW? Did you disable USB suspend setting under your power options? Which USB ports are you using? 2.0 or 3.0?

Yep, I just got off the phone with tech support. Very helpful.

Lights are working. In the lighting tab, there is the color palettes to the bottom left of the mouse. Those don't seem to work. The process to change lights:

1. Goto Profiles and create a new profile

2. To the Right of name of the profile there will be 3 horizontal lines, click it.

3. Save as Default Profile

4. Lighting Tab

5. Select the logo, and right click

6. Assign New Lighting

7. Name the light

8. In the graph area, right click and select Add.

9. Choose a color

10. Grab the tabs of the color and pull to the left and right, select horizontal line and pull to the top. You want the graph to fill up. Obviously if you want a less intensity light, you can lower the horizontal line.

11. Click OK

Logo should now be the color you selected.

Same process for the wheel area and DPI light.

The only issue left to be resolved is the CUE software not recognizing the mouse after a computer restart. I have to kill the CUE process then restart it for the software to recognize it.

I have an RMA ticket in for this issue.

Calling wasn't as painful as I thought it was going to be. Very helpful.

Archived