Corsair Community

H115i / H110i Not Detected in iCue

mbianks

Just signed up today as I was having issues with my H115i not being detected in iCue so I was never able to control the RGB colours, fan or pump. It had been like this for several months but was too lazy to fix it but found the solution here:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171851

Hi,

Just had the same problem after a main Windows update, and have a different work around that doesn't require a new cable.

Long steps below for clarity, but the short version is that removing the unidentified usb device and then refreshing you usb composite controller via update driver, and let me pick rather than automatically, allows the cooler to be redetected. Note this was after reinstalling Link which didn't work.

Long version.

Just go to Device Manager (right-click start and select device manager)

Find Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand the list. Its possible that its already expanded as it cound be shwing unknown USB device.

Uninstall unknown USB device (Right click and select uninstall)

right click USB composite devices and select Update

Select Browse my computer for driver software.

Select Let me pick...

Then make sure USB Composite is selected and press next.

The driver should seem to be updating and the cooler should be available.

If composite doesn't work then repeat for any USB 2.0 controllers listed.

Howfully this should refresh the driver and allow the Cooler to be detected.

His reply was a fix for the H110i but works for the H115i too. I did find the steps were not completely the same as what I took to fix the problem so I just wanted to post my variation of the solution;

(Windows 10 Home: Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363)

1. Go-to "Device Manager".

2. Look for "Unknown device" in the list (If you have multiple unknown devices you most likely have another issue going on).

3. Uninstall the Unknown Device.

4. Open "Add or Remove Programs"

5. Uninstall "Corsair Link"

6. Check "Device Manager", your H110i/H115i should show in the list. If it is not there right click and 'Scan for hardware changes'. It should display something similar to "H115i(!)", the exclamation mark meaning it needs a driver.

7. Visit Corsairs Product page for your H110i/H115i and redownload Corsair Link: H115i link here

8.Once the program is reinstalled check "Device Manager" and the H115i(!) should now be updated(gone) and should be listed under "Human Interface Devices" as "Corsair composite virtual input device".

8. Open iCue and your H110i/H115i will now be detected (enjoy!).

This is the solution that worked for myself and is very similar to DarkTower's just with a slight variation of how we reached the same solution. Hope this helps anyone that stumbles across this in future.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a similar issue with my H150i pro xt. Here is what finally fixed it for me.

1) Make sure everything is plugged in correctly.

2) Uninstall ICUE.

3) Go to Services and stop the CorsairService (and any other Corsair services if there are any)

4) Open RegEdit and delete any Corsair service under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services

5) Reboot. Make sure ICUE is actually gone. If not, manually delete the app folder and contents at Program Files (x86)/Corsair

6) Reinstall ICUE.

I hope that helps you.

Edited by Malex
Added one step
  • Confused 1

• 4 months later...
I had a similar issue with my H150i pro xt. Here is what finally fixed it for me.

1) Make sure everything is plugged in correctly.

2) Uninstall ICUE.

3) Go to Services and stop the CorsairService (and any other Corsair services if there are any)

4) Open RegEdit and delete any Corsair service under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services

5) Reboot. Make sure ICUE is actually gone. If not, manually delete the app folder and contents at Program Files (x86)/Corsair

6) Reinstall ICUE.

I hope that helps you.

This worked perfectly!! Saved me from such a headache!