Corsair Community

Can I plug a Commander Core USB Header into a Commander Pro USB header on new system?

Badwolfe

I am in the middle of building a new system and currently have a Commander Pro that has 6 LL fans connected to it (all case fans). I am considering buying the Corsair iCue H115i Elite Capellix AIO that comes with a Commander Core.

The question I need to ask is can I connect the Commander Core USB header onto one of the Commander Pro USB headers as my Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) motherboard only has two USB headers or is my only alternative to purchase an internal USB Header expander?

Thanks in advance.

I am in the middle of building a new system and currently have a Commander Pro that has 6 LL fans connected to it (all case fans). I am considering buying the Corsair iCue H115i Elite Capellix AIO that comes with a Commander Core.

The question I need to ask is can I connect the Commander Core USB header onto one of the Commander Pro USB headers as my Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) motherboard only has two USB headers or is my only alternative to purchase an internal USB Header expander?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. Just have in mind that the usb hub function on the commander pro is known to be buggy to say the least. Google it and you will find multiple posts that the hub functionality have issues when the cpro is connected directly to the mobos usb header. Connected via another internal hub it works fine. Im using the NXZT internal USB hub f.ex.