Corsair Community

Corsairs Obsidian 500D SE Setup Advice and Diagrams

Zotty

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I want to build my next computer with 500D case. As I know the case comes with 3LL120 fans. I want to use H115i RGB PLATINUM and led strips. I will buy extra ll120 for rear exhaust but I am not sure what to do with aio. Should I get two more ll140 and swap the mls from the cooler? I've read that ml is better for cooler but ll would work with the rest of them. How would you connect all of that? Do you put those fans from aio into the pump or to the corsair commander pro? I know you can't mismatch fan types on commander (for some reason) and I am unsure what to do. Any help?

I've found diagram here: ICBYkWk.png which suggest that ml140 should be plugged into the pump itself? That means they won't be controllable or how does it work?

Edited by Enerccio

Hi buddy...

You would be fine with the ML or LL fans imho.

as for the fans power.. power the radiator fans from the AIO as this ensures correct operation of your cooling system regardless of other hardware/software and indeed OS.

of course.. RGB would be much prettier if all your fans matched... and yes.. the ML's do have better performance at higher speeds... but most people find they never need run at those higher speeds.

Hmm but thinking about it, I can still power fans from AIO but rgb control via controller, no? If I switch to ll140 then I can plug fan control co AIO and rgb control to fan led hub and the effects and colors would match, right? Or am I completely wrong thinking like that? I know I can't plug mls into same fan led hub

Hi, it was really helpful! I just have 1 ques,

I'm using "Carbide Series™ SPEC-01 Red LED Mid-Tower Gaming Case", Official site URL: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Carbide-Series%E2%84%A2-SPEC-01-Red-LED-Mid-Tower-Gaming-Case/p/CC-9011050-WW# .

Can I use Liquid Air Cooling (AIO's) for my system ? I Have uploaded My current status inside the casing: https://imgur.com/gallery/Lm4K2eq

Please let me know, I am getting confused !

CPU_liquid_update.thumb.png.ab1d169cf9bcf824e67ac5f53bb00d9f.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This is the first time I am doing a build with an AIO, I decided to go with the Obsidian 500D SE and H100i RGB PLATINUM. I haven't started the build yet as I am still waiting for a couple other components to be delivered. I took a look at the diagrams (thank you so much for those) but I am a bit confused. Would I plug the radiator fans to the motherboard or the commander pro? I see that the USB goes to the commander but I was not sure if that was enough. Also when it comes to the radiator fans would I plug the rgb wires to the rgb fan led hub?

Edited by eggmunch

Hi,

This is the first time I am doing a build with an AIO, I decided to go with the Obsidian 500D SE and H100i RGB PLATINUM. I haven't started the build yet as I am still waiting for a couple other components to be delivered. I took a look at the diagrams (thank you so much for those) but I am a bit confused. Would I plug the radiator fans to the motherboard or the commander pro? I see that the USB goes to the commander but I was not sure if that was enough. Also when it comes to the radiator fans would I plug the rgb wires to the rgb fan led hub?

Hi buddy.

the Radiator fans... both power (make them spin) and RGB (light them up) can be done from your Platinum cooler. it controls both.

to add.. always run fans on AIO radiators (power) from the AIO.. this ensures your cooling system operates correctly regardless of other hardware/software and indeed OS..

as for RGB.. i would mostly run all fans off of the same RGB Fan LED Hub so that sequential RGB effects play correctly.

Hope this helps :)

Hi buddy.

the Radiator fans... both power (make them spin) and RGB (light them up) can be done from your Platinum cooler. it controls both.

to add.. always run fans on AIO radiators (power) from the AIO.. this ensures your cooling system operates correctly regardless of other hardware/software and indeed OS..

as for RGB.. i would mostly run all fans off of the same RGB Fan LED Hub so that sequential RGB effects play correctly.

Hope this helps :)

Awesome, this does help. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have an 500D SE case with the 9 fan setup.

The front has a H150i Elite AIO as an intake with the push & pull setup.

The back has an exhaust fan and top has 2 LL140 fans as exhausts.

I'm just wondering if it's worth the effort of flipping the top fans as intakes. Does this make a difference to case and GPU temps?

GPU is a Gigabyte Aorus Master 3090 that hits 74c under load even with undervolting.

Thanks

Hi,

I have an 500D SE case with the 9 fan setup.

The front has a H150i Elite AIO as an intake with the push & pull setup.

The back has an exhaust fan and top has 2 LL140 fans as exhausts.

I'm just wondering if it's worth the effort of flipping the top fans as intakes. Does this make a difference to case and GPU temps?

GPU is a Gigabyte Aorus Master 3090 that hits 74c under load even with undervolting.

Thanks

Hey Buddy.

IMHO.. run them all as intake aside from the single rear exhaust. why drag any warm air from the front mounted rad over the ram/vrm when you can mix cooler air with it from the top. not only that. all intakes would be filtered that way meaning less dust.. positive pressure FTW :)

Hi, have been reading through this thread and very useful information. I could however not find any diagram illustrating how the H115i Cappelix AIO is connected to the provided Commander Pro unit of the 500SE case. The Cappelix uses a different type hub with a non-USB connector coming from the pump. Any advice on how to connect? Thanks

Hey Buddy.

IMHO.. run them all as intake aside from the single rear exhaust. why drag any warm air from the front mounted rad over the ram/vrm when you can mix cooler air with it from the top. not only that. all intakes would be filtered that way meaning less dust.. positive pressure FTW :)

Tried the swap and it made temps much worse. The top of the 3090 card is a heatsink and the top intake fans just pushed the hot air back onto it. Readings and fan speed were all over the place.

Top and back as exhaust fans work best with a 360mm AIO in the front. This also aligns with the official Corsair airflow diagram for the 500D SE

• 3 months later...

Hi All

Right now i am struggling to keep things up to date, as of recently You only have a very short period to edit your own posts on this forum. once that period has passed the post becomes locked, which means chasing up forum mods/admins to arrange a time to edit or to ask them to do it for me, given i am UK. and those guys are generally on the other side of the pond, time zones dont gel well at all.

unfortunately it's not looking like this situation will change :( :( kinda sucks being locked out of my own content.

Sorry to anyone that uses these resources... not my fault :(

Zotty

• 6 months later...

Hi folks,

I’m new to building and thus a beginner in Corsair’s iCue software & associated hardware. I have just finished building my PC in the Obsidian 500d RGB se case and love how it’s looking. I’m just having a bit of teething issues with my fans & RGB in iCue. I have 2 of the 3 included LL fans in the roof for exhaust, 1 as exhaust on the back of the case. I have installed the Elite Cappelix H150i cooler and included 3 fans as intake, however I’m unsure how to connect the fans & RGB all together?

I have;

Commander Pro - Included on case

Commander Core - came with H150i cooler

RBG hub - included on case.

3 x LL fans

3 x ML fans - fitted to AIO radiator as intake. 

Can I just connect everything into the commander core and do away with the commander pro & RGB hub included fitted on the case?? My understanding is that I connect my AIO pump, 3 x fans on the cooler & RGB cables for these fans all onto the Commander Core, but where do I connect the other 3 fans and their RGB cables? To the core too? Or do they go to the commander pro? Hope this makes sense! Thanks. Ash

• 1 year later...

I need help i have the 500d se case and my gpu (83c) and cpu (80c) keeps getting hot while im playing 

SETUP 

Case: Corsair obsidian 500d-se 

CPU: Intel Core i5 10600k 

GPU: Nvida Geforce 3060 ti 

PSU: ASUS TUF 850W 80 Gold 

CPU cooler: Corsair H100x RGB Elite

Fans: 2x Corsair iCUE SP120 3x Corsair LL120