Corsair Community

LED lights on LL120 glitches

VitaJohnny

Hi everyone!

I'm having a weird issue where the LED lights on all of my 4 LL120 fans glitches out quite frequently and when it happens it can't be resolved without completely shut down the computer or sometime can't even be resolved at all!

Below is my system specification:

Ryzen 9 3900X (Water cooled with Corsair Hydro X XC7)

MSI MEG X570 ACE

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3200Mhz

ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP (Water cooled with Corsair Hydro X XG7)

Corsair HX850i

I found this issue occurs with a 100% chance when I use any kind of wallpaper that has LED effects from Wallpaper Engine, and even if I have Wallpaper Engine closed and only using Corsair iCUE's default lighting profile the issue will still come up if my system is under load for 20-50 mins of gaming or Folding @ Home.

I have already tried to uninstall iCUE software and reinstalled with latest version (v3.27.68 at the time of writing), updated my LIGHTING NODE PRO's firmware to latest version (v0.10.4 at the time of writing) but none those helped.

I have also tried rearranged the fan position on the LED Hub but the glitch will eventually happen to all the fans.

Strangely this glitch never happened on my other Corsair products which includes K95 Platinum, Vengeance RGB Pro, and all of the Hydro X components (CPU Block, GPU Block, Pump Reservoir combo).

Once the glitch happens I would have to completely shut down my computer and reboot it to resolve the problem, but now it gets worse to a point even that can't guarantee a fix!

The last thing I can think of is to use an older version firmware for the LIGHTING NODE PRO but unfortunately I can't find any source.

I have already looked up with Google and acknowledged there are a lot people had the same/similar issue but apparently nobody finds a solid fix/solution at all.

Can someone please let me what can I try next?

Edit (April 1st, 2020): I have contacted Corsair's customer and they the glitch is caused by one of the fans and suggested me to test them individually. As I followed their suggested instruction I have determined that the fan I plugged into the first position on the LED hub is the one that glitches and it also brings to glitch to the fans which are placed on the positions after the first position. As I plug that faulty fan to the last possible position on the hub the glitch won't happen on the other three fans but unfortunately the last fan still glitches. Now I'm asking Corsair to process the RMA for the fan and waiting for their reply.

Edited by VitaJohnny

I have recently had the same issue with my LL120 and LL140. Some say it might be faulty fans or the controller, but I think its something with the software. For me it started happening after I updated iCUE and installed Asus Armoury Crate. I see it glitch a few times and it goes back to normal. I only noticed it happen 3 times in the past month.

I have recently had the same issue with my LL120 and LL140. Some say it might be faulty fans or the controller, but I think its something with the software. For me it started happening after I updated iCUE and installed Asus Armoury Crate. I see it glitch a few times and it goes back to normal. I only noticed it happen 3 times in the past month.

Thanks for the input!

I also have a feeling this is due to software issue because I have already confirmed that all my fans and controllers are functional.

One thing I noticed is the problem happened after I have updated the LIGHTING NODE PRO firmware when I replaced my Intel CPU&Motherboard combo to my current AMD CPU&Motherboard but too bad I can't remember which firmware it was on. Unfortunately I can't find a source for the older firmware versions for the Node Pro so I can't verify it at all :(