Corsair Community

[HELP] H100i GTX no LED light + fans at 100%

Terrorsquad1990

So today after tinkering with Asus AI Suite 3 Fan Xpert and trying different pin-headers for fans on the motherboard, my Corsair H100i GTX stopped working properly.

The fans keep going (constantly at 100%, such noise!) but the CPU temps reach 50° after a while + rattling noise at start up from waterblock (only for 1 sec long) and the LED lighting on the waterblock does not light up anymore.

It's also not being recognized in Device Manager but if I pull the plug it does say an USB is disconnected, if that brings any additional info.. It still shows the cooler on Corsair Link, but on "0", like its not working.

Corsair Link Image: http://imgur.com/rLIAv1A

Also latest driver was installed. I still have a feeling it keeps cooling the CPU for the most part, though. The tubes are still feeling a bit shaky and the CPU remains around 20°C for the most part.

I was trying to figure out what pin-headers on the motherboard I was supposed to use, as you have 1 x W.Pump Header and 1 x CPU Fan on the Asus Z170-A motherboard.

I am completly loss by the lack of information on how to connect the H100i to my motherboard correctly and make it work.

I used to just have one fan connect to the CPU-FAN, and the other fan to the W.pump as that was the only way to make it work, strangely.. That's because I also have no clue on what to setup in UEFI and what pin-headers to use, ofcourse.

If I tried to connect all of them to the CPU-FAN, it couldnt recognize "a CPU Cooler" at POST and tell me to configure it before going any further (F2 for Setup)

If I tried to connect all of them to the W.Pump header, the same thing happens.

However, I already ordered another cooler (H110i GT) so I'd like someone to explain me where to connect what and what to setup in UEFI, exactly.

I already searched this forum but the answers are very vague, as in not really informational.

I am terribly sorry for the long post, but wanted to give as much information I could.

If any more questions, please ask, I'll answer them within minutes mostly.

Sincerely

Open Devices and Printers. Can you see "integrated USB Bridge" or something similar listed?

If the cooler is still detected in LINK, You might want to try a firmware reflash/update (if available).

Yet again no, it's about time you updated what you post. The "integrated USB Bridge" is for H80i + H100i + H110iGT, but not for H80iGT + H100iGTX + H110iGTX which are listed as what they are!

It should/will be listed as a Corsair H100i GTX

Which W10 do you have, TH1 (29-Jul) or TH2 (12-Nov)? Link seems to have big issues with TH2.

Surely the correct way to connect it is to connect the pump to the W.Pump header and the fans to the pump, using the cables provided. Then make sure that in the Bios the W.pump header is set to 100%. If that doesn't work and Windows doesn't detect it, it's broken, (unless, of course, the W.pump header isn't working, in which case try connecting it to the CPU Fan header instead). Try shutting down the Asus software and just using Link to start with as the two pieces of software don't play nice together

Surely the correct way to connect it is to connect the pump to the W.Pump header and the fans to the pump, using the cables provided. Then make sure that in the Bios the W.pump header is set to 100%. If that doesn't work and Windows doesn't detect it, it's broken, (unless, of course, the W.pump header isn't working, in which case try connecting it to the CPU Fan header instead). Try shutting down the Asus software and just using Link to start with as the two pieces of software don't play nice together

If I do that, I can't pass POST since there's no CPU-FAN detected, to prevent CPU overheat.

Yet again no, it's about time you updated what you post. The "integrated USB Bridge" is for H80i + H100i + H110iGT, but not for H80iGT + H100iGTX + H110iGTX which are listed as what they are!

It should/will be listed as a Corsair H100i GTX

Which W10 do you have, TH1 (29-Jul) or TH2 (12-Nov)? Link seems to have big issues with TH2.

How do I know which one I have? I only know it's Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Archived