The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2018, 11:24 AM

POST ID # = 943484
sbr Reputation: 10

torkelo whats your status on this matter? I just got the exchange unit and its having the exact same issues that you describe besides my graphics card is the correct one.

Old 03-05-2018, 12:16 PM

POST ID # = 943489
AMIGrAve Reputation: 10

Please keep updated. I was about to buy a Corsair One but all those issues frighten me, I'm curious to see how it will end up for you.

After reading all the concerned threads it looks like the 1080 Ti cannot actually be embedded in the Corsair One without heat/noise issues.

Old 03-05-2018, 12:40 PM

POST ID # = 943492
MrPace Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGrAve View Post
Please keep updated. I was about to buy a Corsair One but all those issues frighten me, I'm curious to see how it will end up for you.

After reading all the concerned threads it looks like the 1080 Ti cannot actually be embedded in the Corsair One without heat/noise issues.
my C1 Pro has been running AOK from day one with the 1080TI...bought it back in September directly from Corsair...

Old 03-06-2018, 03:54 AM

POST ID # = 943613

As I wrote my friend bought one and his unit runs perfect and silent, mine has a db of 40+ at idle and also resonance coming through the floor so im mounting it on special rubber feet.
the new unit I just got has the same issues with sound/noise as the first one, so im waiting for a response on this matter. Frustrating..

Old 03-06-2018, 08:45 AM

POST ID # = 943627
CNBIII Reputation: 10

I too have the 1080Ti - completely silent.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:47 PM

POST ID # = 943717
todou Reputation: 10

At least, you get a replacement. I don't even get reply..

Old 03-07-2018, 05:07 AM

POST ID # = 943799

I got the replacement, but they also charged me usd500 and the unit I got now is as loud as the first one. So im stuck with the same and usd500 less on my account. I havent heard back from Corsair yet and are waiting for their response and followup.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 943854
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by todou View Post
At least, you get a replacement. I don't even get reply..
Please PM me your ticket number and I will look into this.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 943855

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr View Post
I got the replacement, but they also charged me usd500 and the unit I got now is as loud as the first one. So im stuck with the same and usd500 less on my account. I havent heard back from Corsair yet and are waiting for their response and followup.
The collateral charge will be reimbursed once we receive the original defective unit. Please PM me your ticket number so I may check on the status of your ticket.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:45 AM

POST ID # = 944430
torkelo Reputation: 10

So I received the correct replacement a couple of days ago. More or less the same issue. As I don't have a decent microphone (and don't feel like buying audio equipment just to record flawed products...) I will use another video I found on youtube showing the exact behavior my replacement unit has:

It's only the last part of the video showing the noise level of the Corsair one but it's a good comparison.

Also, when I play a game it's very loud! The system fan revs up to over 1000 rpm after only a minute or so. This behavior didn't the original unit show.
Can someone confirm if the type of idle noise from the unit in the video is normal or not? In my opinion one of the most exclusive video cards there is shouldn't sound like this while idle. Looks like I'm opening a new ticket for the replacement unit..doh!

Old 03-12-2018, 12:20 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944474
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by torkelo View Post
So I received the correct replacement a couple of days ago. More or less the same issue. As I don't have a decent microphone (and don't feel like buying audio equipment just to record flawed products...) I will use another video I found on youtube showing the exact behavior my replacement unit has:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-HxDfIJN5w

It's only the last part of the video showing the noise level of the Corsair one but it's a good comparison.

Also, when I play a game it's very loud! The system fan revs up to over 1000 rpm after only a minute or so. This behavior didn't the original unit show.
Can someone confirm if the type of idle noise from the unit in the video is normal or not? In my opinion one of the most exclusive video cards there is shouldn't sound like this while idle. Looks like I'm opening a new ticket for the replacement unit..doh!
Sounds like the system is doing its job under load (gaming). Internal GPU fan and System fan should ramp up when you're putting strain on either the CPU/GPU. i7-7700K and i7-8700K are both particularly hot components that require good cooling and the 1080 Ti is also a pretty warm part as well.

It's hard to tell from the video whether or not that idle noise is too loud or not, it sounds "normal" but could very well be louder than the rest.

If you have a customer/technical support question please post a thread in the appropriate section of the forum or submit a ticket here:
CORSAIR Support Portal
CORSAIR Hydro X Series Tutorial Playlist
CORSAIR iCUE Software Tutorial Playlist
Info/Diagrams for Setting Up CORSAIR RGB Fans, Strips, ETC

Old 03-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 944490

Quote:
Originally Posted by torkelo View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-HxDfIJN5w

From the video, it sounds like the top fan is hitting something, which is possible that a cable may have loosen and came in contact with the fan. You can check to see if that is the case. Here's a video showing you how to disassemble the unit.

NOTE: You will only need to remove the top cover where the fan is attached to validate my hypothesis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MCJHXsBvu1k

Old 03-12-2018, 03:27 PM

POST ID # = 944514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair StormShadow View Post
From the video, it sounds like the top fan is hitting something, which is possible that a cable may have loosen and came in contact with the fan. You can check to see if that is the case. Here's a video showing you how to disassemble the unit.

NOTE: You will only need to remove the top cover where the fan is attached to validate my hypothesis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MCJHXsBvu1k
Hi, thanks. It's not the top fan, the cable is tucked away properly. It's the VGA fan buzzing. At least for me and I had the same buzzing sound on the first unit too, a bit louder but still the same.

Old 03-12-2018, 03:35 PM

POST ID # = 944516

It would be awesome if one of the members that have a (what they call silent) silent unit posted a video/audio when unit is idle and also under load.

Not that I really belive that mine is ok... but it would be a good comparison.

But as other people have mentioned on this forum there is no way this noise level would get any positive Reviews, idle or load. I am still convinced there are "perfect" units out there, just gotta get my hands on one of them..!

Old 03-21-2018, 06:04 AM

POST ID # = 945774

Ok, so it's been a week since I last heard from support and that was only to request a video of the unit. After using the unit for over a week now I can without a doubt say that this is the loudest computer I ever had. That is in comparison with two gaming laptops, a whole bunch of homebuilt gaming pc's that have been fan cooled only.

How do I get my Money back from Corsair when I didn't purchase it directly from Corsair and have retuned the original unit?

Tags
corsair one pro, corsair one pro ti, no bios, noisy