Corsair Community

760t Black back panel texture

Nem

I just purchased a black 760t and was looking forward to seeing the case for the first time in person

I opened it up and literally the very first thing I noticed after opening the windowed side panel was a series of what looked like scratch marks around the inside of the back panel latch.

I took a closer look at the back panel and noticed that from the outside the panel had this texture:

http://imgur.com/6bG5M2w

There was flash on my camera so it brings the texture out even more, but it is still noticeable under normal lighting conditions

That texture is NOT seen on the inside facing side of the back panel. However, those scratch lines that you see around the latch ARE visible on the inside (this was what I noticed earlier)

Frankly, this looks terrible. I thought that this is just a problem with the plastic maybe after an impact or something, but that texture is visible on the entire face of the back panel making me think its meant to be like this. But I can't even begin to understand why those scratch lines are there around the latch.

I'm pretty sure that this is just a defective panel, but I just wanted to post and make sure that 1) that texture is not meant to be part of the panel and 2) those scratch lines are not normal?

I haven't seen many people review the black version of this case so I'm not entirely sure if it is actually textured or not

I actually ended up returning the case to NCIX and got a replacement 760t. But I checked that one out and it had the exact same problem

I resorted to just getting a 750D instead. But when I received that I noticed that one of the latches that holds my front panel is broken so you can't actually remove the panel properly. sigh.

I figured it might just be a bad batch/shipment but apparently the 3 cases did not come in on the same shipment. Seems like theres a QC issue with both cases.

Ticket opened to figure something out.

I just received my 760T, and mine has the same dodgy side panel unfortunately. At first I almost thought it was supposed to be that way, as it seemed rather artistic, but at second glance, it was evident that it wasn't.

It's not scratch marks (you can't feel the "scratches" when running your fingers over the panel), but seems to be a problem with the plastic itself, like it contracted during the casting, and left those gaps in the dye. Very easy to see it if you put a light source behind the panel.

I'll also submit a support ticket, just posting this here to make you aware that this is not a limited incident. :)

http://azhostin.com/az_760tcrackedpanel01.jpg

http://azhostin.com/az_760tcrackedpanel02.jpg

• Corsair Employee

Hey guys, for right now our customer support can send you new side panels that do not have the issue.

I have sent this stuff on and will get our QC team to look into this. In the ~10 months we've been shipping this case I've never seen that pattern on the windows so it's likely something trackable and correctable.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

• 1 year later...

Archived