Corsair Community

Need Help Fixing a K95

khatur

So my friend had a spill on his K95, He unplugged it right away and gave it to me cause he got a new one and thought I could fix this one. I cleaned it out and plugged it back in when it was all good (I followed the spill guide on here). It shows CRP Disabled so I call corsair and get the firmware file but for some reason, I can't replace the file on the keyboard with the new one. Whenever I plug it back in, I get the same CRP DISABLD and the file is the one from before. I've tried everything at this point. The PC I'm trying to use it on never had the K95 used with it so I had no CUE, I'm not sure if that would make a difference. I've installed CUE, used all the ports on my PC, changed windows settings and nothing seems to work. Has anyone dealt with this before? I don't want to send it in right now because I don't have a permanent address and if I can solve it myself I'd like to. I've tried to change firmware on a mac but it doesn't even delete the old .bin file completely so there isn't enough room for the old one. I haven't tried it on another PC yet but I'm not sure if that would even help. I’d really appreciate if someone could help me out I’ve never had a mechanical keyboard and I’d love to use this one!

I remember when i had small spill on my k70 i had same issue it had to dry for a long time untill started recognizing it again, it still derped out and then had issues again, went away with time with 3 leds being half lit all the time so i just got a cheap k55 temporary, now im soon getting a k65 , i had one yesterday that was doa so i returned it and got new one ordered ariving today.

Just let it dry, you might need to disassemble it and clean it up to.

• Corsair Employee
Yeah that's what I was told to do by the Corsair rep and I kept trying it after too with other ports but its like I can't delete the file completely for some reason. Everytime I plug it back in the original file is back

The file will automatically rename itself to "firmware.bin" after you unplug the keyboard during the manual reflash process.

The file will automatically rename itself to "firmware.bin" after you unplug the keyboard during the manual reflash process.

I get that but it says that the file was created back in 2009 which I don't think would be latest firmware update. If it was being replaced properly, wouldn't the keyboard function as normal?

I remember when i had small spill on my k70 i had same issue it had to dry for a long time untill started recognizing it again, it still derped out and then had issues again, went away with time with 3 leds being half lit all the time so i just got a cheap k55 temporary, now im soon getting a k65 , i had one yesterday that was doa so i returned it and got new one ordered ariving today.

Just let it dry, you might need to disassemble it and clean it up to.

I let it dry for a while tho and if it wasn't dry then, it should certainly be dry now. I left it in my room which gets hot and its been several days since I cleaned it. I will try to open it up and see what happens tho.

• 1 year later...
I let it dry for a while tho and if it wasn't dry then, it should certainly be dry now. I left it in my room which gets hot and its been several days since I cleaned it. I will try to open it up and see what happens tho.

bro have you fixed it? I have the exact same problem, firmware bin file is reverted back to original

please tell me you fixed it

• 5 months later...
So my friend had a spill on his K95, He unplugged it right away and gave it to me cause he got a new one and thought I could fix this one. I cleaned it out and plugged it back in when it was all good (I followed the spill guide on here). It shows CRP Disabled so I call corsair and get the firmware file but for some reason, I can't replace the file on the keyboard with the new one. Whenever I plug it back in, I get the same CRP DISABLD and the file is the one from before. I've tried everything at this point. The PC I'm trying to use it on never had the K95 used with it so I had no CUE, I'm not sure if that would make a difference. I've installed CUE, used all the ports on my PC, changed windows settings and nothing seems to work. Has anyone dealt with this before? I don't want to send it in right now because I don't have a permanent address and if I can solve it myself I'd like to. I've tried to change firmware on a mac but it doesn't even delete the old .bin file completely so there isn't enough room for the old one. I haven't tried it on another PC yet but I'm not sure if that would even help. I’d really appreciate if someone could help me out I’ve never had a mechanical keyboard and I’d love to use this one!

After following all instructions from corsair with NO luck for 4 months I ended up taking it apart before throwing it away and after close inspection, I noticed the "reset" switch was NOT aligned and I pressed it, did the process and now it's all working! I can stop using this trash Razer one that takes 4 pounds to actuate the switch.

• 10 months later...
I’m having the exact same issue but I didn’t spill anything. The geniuses at their support told me to do this for another issue and now I’m hosed. Can’t get the new file to stick. Every time I plug it back in the same old file is there and I’m still in crp_disable mode. Please help.

• 2 weeks later...
I’m having the exact same issue but I didn’t spill anything. The geniuses at their support told me to do this for another issue and now I’m hosed. Can’t get the new file to stick. Every time I plug it back in the same old file is there and I’m still in crp_disable mode. Please help.

THIS IS ME EXACTLY!

I was trying to fix the left ear buzz in my BRAND NEW Corsair void RGB elite wireless headphones (which I guess are a charming carry-over from the Void PRO) and it suggested a hard firmware restart.

NOW, the BUZZ IS STILL THERE and Now I have a dead brick as a keyboard. And here is the weird thing... I have the ST100 RGB plugged into the keyboard itself and IT has power, but still the CRP DISABLD (D:)

No matter what I do, nothing.

PLEASE HELP!