The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2019, 10:08 AM

POST ID # = 995440
tatertots Reputation: 10
Default Is this normal pump noise from a Corsair H115i Pro cooler?

Hey, I just returned my Corsair H115i Pro RGB AiO cooler because the pump made a weird noise. I received a new one, which is quieter than the first one. But still, the pump is definitely hearable in balanced mode and makes this noise in performance mode: https://streamable.com/wp9hg

Old 02-24-2019, 11:18 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995445
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

It sounds normal to me, like a small pump spinning at more than 2000 rpm at close range. If you put it at the highest speed (2850 rpm), you should expect to hear it. It's called Extreme Mode for a reason, but there is also no reason for most users to engage it. The pump is a mechanical device that spins at high speed. It can't not make noise. Proximity is always a factor and if the case is sitting 18 inches from your head, this is not too surprising. The better assessment is going to be with the case closed up and you and it in the normal position. If you can clearly hear it in balanced mode from your vantage, then you may wish to consider other options besides a water pump.

A better solution for a lot of people is going to be moving the case off the mouse pad and to a position further away on a cabinet, stand, or something else. This will reduce the perceived noise level more than anything you can do with settings. Also, we have no idea what the long range effects of continuous RGB exposure might be.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:34 PM

POST ID # = 995600
tatertots Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
It sounds normal to me, like a small pump spinning at more than 2000 rpm at close range. If you put it at the highest speed (2850 rpm), you should expect to hear it. It's called Extreme Mode for a reason, but there is also no reason for most users to engage it. The pump is a mechanical device that spins at high speed. It can't not make noise. Proximity is always a factor and if the case is sitting 18 inches from your head, this is not too surprising. The better assessment is going to be with the case closed up and you and it in the normal position. If you can clearly hear it in balanced mode from your vantage, then you may wish to consider other options besides a water pump.

A better solution for a lot of people is going to be moving the case off the mouse pad and to a position further away on a cabinet, stand, or something else. This will reduce the perceived noise level more than anything you can do with settings. Also, we have no idea what the long range effects of continuous RGB exposure might be.
Okay, thank you!

Tags
h115i pro rgb cooler, troubleshooting