Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2019, 09:04 PM
2blentendre's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995053
2blentendre Reputation: 10
Default Problem Enabling Hardware Lighting "Rainbow Wave" for LL120 fans

Hello all, first post here.

I recently finished building a beautiful 500D SE build with an Asus Maximus XI Code and 9900k. I have a H150i AIO front-mounted with 3x LL120 fans, 2x LL140 fans on top and a single LL120 exhaust fan.

All of these are linked appropriately according to Zotty's diagrams (THANK YOU!!). Everything functions beautiful except that I cannot save "Rainbow Wave" as part of the Hardware Lighting option.

Rainbow wave works perfectly when iCUE is running, however as soon as I shut the program or restart the computer, all of the fans switch to the "demo mode rainbow" instead of the default "Rainbow Wave" that I have them set to.

If I switch to any other option for Hardware Lighting (for example Color Shift), it works perfectly! The only option not working is "Rainbow Wave," which is the one I really only care about.

Any advice please? Should I downgrade to a previous version of iCUE? Is this a known bug?
Old 02-21-2019, 12:33 PM
A Mighty CORSAlR™
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995118
Glzmo Reputation: 10

I've noticed that the Hardware "Rainbow Wave" is different than the Software "Rainbow Wave". That's why there is a discrepancy. I'd personally prefer the Hardware version and would like to set the Hardware version of "Rainbow Wave" in software, too.
Maybe they should change the names in the next update to reflect the difference and ensure both are available for hardware and software.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:14 AM
2blentendre's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
I've noticed that the Hardware "Rainbow Wave" is different than the Software "Rainbow Wave". That's why there is a discrepancy. I'd personally prefer the Hardware version and would like to set the Hardware version of "Rainbow Wave" in software, too.
Maybe they should change the names in the next update to reflect the difference and ensure both are available for hardware and software.
Hi thanks for your response. I don't think that's the problem, because when you click on the desired effect under "Hardware Lighting" it gives a preview. The preview I'm given for "Rainbow Wave" under Hardware Lighting is the same as the Software Lighting.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:55 PM
DeadxWreckoning's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995501
DeadxWreckoning Reputation: 10

Is this the issue you're experiencing? Sounds like the same issue I am experiencing.

If so, I've reported it several times and I never receive any responses on this.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:31 AM
2blentendre's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995539

Yes! This is the exact issue that I'm describing. Any solutions? Does anyone else have this issue besides us?

I asked Zotty to chime in, hopefully he'll provide a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadxWreckoning View Post
Is this the issue you're experiencing? Sounds like the same issue I am experiencing.

https://youtu.be/75F-Zw5pSPE

If so, I've reported it several times and I never receive any responses on this.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:17 PM
A Mighty CORSAlR™
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995573
Glzmo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadxWreckoning View Post

https://youtu.be/75F-Zw5pSPE

Yes, that's how it is for me as well (which I'm fine with since I like the other one better).

However, while I was testing some older versions of iCue, I noticed that any regular Lighting profiles I applied were saved in hardware (still were applied on bootup). So maybe that would be a workaround, but it could have been a glitch as well. I'm not sure which version it was since I tested so many and I was testing to see if any of them fix the USB Disconnect issues with Platinum coolers (sadly, none did), but I think it was 3.9.93 or 3.8.91 I found on the web somewhere. So you might try those older version until they fix it.

Last edited by Glzmo; 03-01-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:53 PM
DeadxWreckoning's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995596
DeadxWreckoning Reputation: 10

It's nice to know I'm not the only person experiencing this.

This started happening when they added hardware playback support 3 updates ago. I've created topics on it and have posted this issue to the new release thread every time with zero advice given back to me. It's starting to irritate me. I didn't spend a hell of a lot of money on Corsair products for them to not do what I want. I enjoy the rainbow wave light show that my PC used to do on boot/wake before the HW playback update. Now I get this crap.

I just want my rainbow wave back.