The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2018, 10:59 PM

POST ID # = 983902
MrBlonde Reputation: 10

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this but anyways.

Thanks for implementing the hardware lighting! Created an account just to say I very much enjoy not getting blasted by a whirlwind of rainbow by my new LL120's while starting my computer and also point out a possible bug or issue.

Again, not sure if this is the right place to put this but, it seems there's an issue with the hardware lighting with my H115i PRO RGB. My LL120's function exactly as they should and start up in their static red however the H115i PRO RGB does not. I'd like to be clear here and point out that this isn't some whining complaint. I honestly don't really care as it and my MM800 are fairly subtle (unlike the LL's). Just letting ya'll know there's an issue.

Interestingly enough I've discovered that it is only on boot that the RGB of the H115 is defaulting to the rainbow effect. When I power off my PC, and also if I simply close the software, the RGB effect does in fact remain it's static color of red.

Anyways, thanks again for this update!
Old 12-06-2018, 01:33 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983911
DevBiker Reputation: 88

The MM800 doesn't have any onboard memory so ... it's gonna be rainbow. Nothing can be done with that.
As for the cooler, have tried saving the fan profile and static lighting to the device? You should have an icon in the hamburger menu when you are on the cooler that will do this.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 12-06-2018, 03:58 AM
Aliti_308's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983920
Aliti_308 Reputation: 10

After this update I restarted my PC and to my surprise, during start up I think it was, I noticed my fans were in the Corsair Link rainbow Spiral mode which is different to iCues version. I went looking for it in the pre defined modes but couldn’t find it.

Am I blind or is it not there? It’d be nice if it was available.

I expect this was triggered under hardware lightening as the iCue was off during the startup.

Last edited by Aliti_308; 12-06-2018 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Sacco Belmonte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983947
Sacco Belmonte Reputation: 10

About the hardware lighting. For the most part I love it.

If you guys could make it so those effects that light partially have a base color then we're golden.

Last edited by Sacco Belmonte; 12-10-2018 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:00 AM

POST ID # = 983962
MrBlonde Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
The MM800 doesn't have any onboard memory so ... it's gonna be rainbow. Nothing can be done with that.
Of course. I merely was saying that the lighting is subtle. Sorry if there was confusion there.

Quote:
As for the cooler, have tried saving the fan profile and static lighting to the device?
Indeed I have. From my original post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
Interestingly enough I've discovered that it is only on boot that the RGB of the H115 is defaulting to the rainbow effect. When I power off my PC, and also if I simply close the software, the RGB effect does in fact remain it's static color of red.
So the hardware lighting is "somewhat saved to the device" as it displays the proper static lighting profile when the software is turned off. Just not when I power on my system. You can see HERE and HERE that I have both "hardware lighting" and "Lighting Effects" set to the same configuration.

Quote:
You should have an icon in the hamburger menu when you are on the cooler that will do this.
As for "the icon in the hamburger menu" I can only assume you mean that triple horizontal bar icon to the right of each profile header? Also, I assume that this presence of a "save to device" button would be similar to how it is in my K70s menu? If both of these assumptions are correct then you can see by this photo that such a button does not exsist as only "Save Proformance to Device" is present.

Thanks for your responses!

Edited for clarity and more photos.

Last edited by MrBlonde; 12-06-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:44 PM
Toxic Waste's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984019
Toxic Waste Reputation: 10

Just updated to the new version, I see the first fixes for the default rainbow mode are there, however they don't seem to work for the vengeance RGB ram or the Corsair ST100 headphones stand?

I know there needs to be some memory in the device to fix that, but I don't mind the rainbow thing during startup (it would be better if it was the fixed color however), but I don't get why the default goes to rainbow on my ram/headphone stance when I lock my computer.

If I kill iCue in the task manager, the color remains the same and it doesn't default to the rainbow mode, so it must be possible to program this somehow?
Old 12-06-2018, 05:50 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984047
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waste View Post
Just updated to the new version, I see the first fixes for the default rainbow mode are there, however they don't seem to work for the vengeance RGB ram or the Corsair ST100 headphones stand?

I know there needs to be some memory in the device to fix that, but I don't mind the rainbow thing during startup (it would be better if it was the fixed color however), but I don't get why the default goes to rainbow on my ram/headphone stance when I lock my computer.

If I kill iCue in the task manager, the color remains the same and it doesn't default to the rainbow mode, so it must be possible to program this somehow?
Do you have the memory set to Software Control? If so, set disable that and set a hardware profile. Then you can re-enabled Software Control.

And the ST100 doesn't have any onboard memory. So, unfortunately, there's nothing to be done for that.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 12-07-2018, 01:10 AM
snoops's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984119
snoops Reputation: 10

Quote:
But neither do the LLs so how is it done with them? I dont even mind if i had to firmware update for different lighting effects on my mm800 but hey it doesnt happen very often at all so i can live with it.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:15 AM
Aliti_308's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984120

I noticed this version changes the Pong effect to the way Corsair Link use to be. Unfortunately, I ended up changed the fans around to accommodate iCues version and now they are wrong again :(
Old 12-07-2018, 01:15 AM
Aliti_308's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliti_308 View Post
After this update I restarted my PC and to my surprise, during start up I think it was, I noticed my fans were in the Corsair Link rainbow Spiral mode which is different to iCues version. I went looking for it in the pre defined modes but couldn’t find it.

Am I blind or is it not there? It’d be nice if it was available.

I expect this was triggered under hardware lightening as the iCue was off during the startup.

Does anyone have any insight to the about? ^^^^
Old 12-07-2018, 09:12 AM
mrgooden's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984172
mrgooden Reputation: 14

"Please note that LL fans are now capable of Hardware Lighting as a new feature"

Does this mean I no longer have to put up with rainbows during startup and shutdown?
Old 12-07-2018, 10:39 AM
Chronic Upgrader
Hockster2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984189
Hockster2 Reputation: 10

That is correct, but you have to choose an effect and save it to the hardware profile.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:53 AM
DeadxWreckoning's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984194
DeadxWreckoning Reputation: 10

Unlike seemingly most people here, I like the default rainbow profile for the LL fans. However, after this update the default rainbow profile is broken. It turned into a slightly different regular rainbow profile. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 12-07-2018, 01:22 PM
Wulffe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984203
Wulffe Reputation: 10

When do we get a feature witch shut off the LEDs when the system is not in use - Or when the screens are powered off like razer does?

My PC is powered on 24/7, but I would like the lighting to turn off when I dont use the computer - Right now, I use a temperature controled system, so when the computer has idled for 30 mins the LEDs turn off, and when I have used the computer for a while they turn on. It does the job, but I would much rather have the lighting turn on as I tab the mouse.

Thanks for the hardware lighting!
Old 12-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Toxic Waste's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984219
Toxic Waste Reputation: 10

Quote:
Do you have the memory set to Software Control? If so, set disable that and set a hardware profile. Then you can re-enabled Software Control.

And the ST100 doesn't have any onboard memory. So, unfortunately, there's nothing to be done for that.
I am probably blind but I don't see that option in iCue, where do I select that? It is for the first gen vengeance RGB btw, not the pro ones..

And for the ST100, I understand the onboard memory issue (I hope they take that along for a v2, along with a foomy top to protect the headset), but if you kill the icue process, it doesn't default back to rainbow RGB mode, so there must be some way to do this when you lock the pc?