Corsair Community

Red Lighting on K70 RGB that I can't remove

SNGGG

Hi all, just received my k70 RGB and i'm VERY excited, just plugged it in and I've been browsing these forums for a bit and I found some nice videos on setting up basic profiles. So just as the title above states, I seem to have a red lighting as an undercurrent to EVERYTHING so when I set my profile to blue, it will come out purple, when I set it to white it comes out partially red, when I put it to green it comes out yellow etc etc. Basically every color + red. As well as this I seem to have an issue with my WASD and Arrow keys flickering white with no control over this from my end as far as I can tell, I've attempted to find out where the lighting on it is but I can't seem to find this lighting effect. I haven't even touched lighting yet, I'm just trying to set it to different solid colors across the board. I know you probably get threads like this but a redirect to a thread where this is solved or some advice for a newbie would be GREAT guys. Thanks so much.

Yes! Thanks james, I JUST figured it out before I read this. Seph13 hey buddy, click the WASD and Arrow groups. Right click the lit up keys and click Edit lighting and just REMOVE the effect. That will stop your pulsing from happening. Now make new groups, select the keys you want and add them to those groups. You can then add the lighting and effects as necessary. Best of luck to you and your new keyboard!

Yes! Thanks james, I JUST figured it out before I read this. Seph13 hey buddy, click the WASD and Arrow groups. Right click the lit up keys and click Edit lighting and just REMOVE the effect. That will stop your pulsing from happening. Now make new groups, select the keys you want and add them to those groups. You can then add the lighting and effects as necessary. Best of luck to you and your new keyboard!

Thanks to you and Corsair for the help. Got it sorted and am now playing around with all the custom profiles out there. As gorgeous as rainbow is it's way too distracting. Currently using EMP and am very satisfied. Only problems I notice are 1. The ugly logo (not as terrible in person but still why not just use the classic sails logo on the actual product. 2. I have noticed that a few of the keys are a little mushy and quiet rather than clicky and tactile but it's none of the main letter keys and is mostly the larger in size keys like space and shift. I can live with that. Overall very satisfied.

seph13 I can see where you're coming from, if i detect any "mushiness" its from my plus and enter keys on the far right of my keyboard, larger keys seem to be just fine so no complaints so far now that i've gotten rid of the red and pulsing white!

Archived