Corsair Community

Buzzing/Whining coming from the GPU side of the unit. What is it, and is it normal?

SynapticFuel

As the title says, there is a high-pitched, buzz coming from the right side of the unit whenever I run games. I have a 2560x1080 165hz monitor. I'm inclined to saying its coil whine, but I'm not sure as I'm no expert on these kinds of things.

Any input would be hugely appreciated, should I request a replacement? Can I fix this? The unit is brand new <1 week old.

Please ask any questions you may have!

Here's a video of the noise I'm experiencing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/174yf3ejUm00QmhLzfYbs5vyMrC7Tehmi/view?usp=sharing

under heavy load:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15tKTDyiGyo1bwmvWtGkin1mOVAxi-OUM/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for the observation, but you should know that the noise doesn’t ramp up under load.

If anything when the top fan turns on due to heavy load, it drowns out the noise a bit. It’s the same consistent sound every time I’m running a game. Especially at 100+ fps.

And whenever I mess with the graphics settings (Up/Down resolution scale, change refresh rate, texture quality etc) the noise shifts/pauses/changes with my commands. It’s almost as if it was in sync with it.

This noise is ONLY present (at least that I can hear) when I run games, at high fps.

I still think it's the fan on the GPU. Mine does the same thing when I'm gaming, but the top fan drowns it out when it's running full blast. I can't tell whether yours is running more or louder than mine, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

Hi, thank you for your reply! I have a i164..I didn’t know that 2080 ti’s had so much coil whine, it’s definitely something that can be bothersome. And considering that my unit is brand new, do you think I could get a replacement?