Corsair Community

HS70 Microphone Audio Not Getting To Windows 10 Home

Fadamor

This is about my dad's computer. He has an Alienware Area 51 with a Corsair HS70 wireless headset. He's never really needed the microphone as he only plays single player games on it, but he asked about the ability to enable speech recognition in Win10 for a document he creates every month. "No problem", says I (a 20+ year computer tech well versed in Windows). I was wrong. :sigh!:

When the iCue software (made sure to use the latest version as of today) is brought up and the sidetone is enabled, the room noise is immediately heard in the headphones. This tells me the microphone is properly inserted into the headphone and is working properly. :biggrin:

However, the microphone test in Windows 10 never registers that anything is coming from the headset. The level meter in the input section of the Sound Panel never deflects. The HS70 microphone is selected as the default input device. :brick:

Things I've tried:

• Going into Device Manager and uninstalling the microphone entry, then selecting "Scan For Hardware Changes" to get it back
  • Removing the USB dongle from the computer, waiting 10 seconds, then re-inserting it

Any other ideas out there? :question:

The problem has been resolved. My dad is a suspicious person when it comes to the internet possibly spying on him and had at one time gone into the Windows 10 Security settings and turned off the ability for apps to use the microphone. :roll: Once this was re-enabled, his microphone started working properly with Win10. :cool: