Corsair Community

K70 RGB / KVM issue

That is one of the most ridiculous responses I've ever heard from a company. Step up your quality control and buy some KVM switches to test your devices with Corsair! If you're too cheap to afford some KVM switches, then just simulate it. Shouldn't be too hard considering to have the people with the skills to lay out the PCB's and build keyboards/mice and various other peripherals, you guys can probably whip up a KVM simulator for testing in a mater of minutes. However, since you won't change your position, and I have a K65 now that has this same issue, I will no longer be buying Corsair products. This is pretty sad considering about 1/2 my machine is Corsair these days but I can easily switch back to razer or logitech who seem to actually do this testing.

• 2 years later...

The "AV Access" 4KSW41-KVM supports my K70 Lux just fine. Even the volume wheel and the multimedia keys work. I bought this model because I needed HDMI 4k@60Hz support and this seems to be the only one that will do it - but if you are fine with Displayport then you have lots more options - just look for any KVM with TTU (True Transparent USB) which is a patented USB emulation implemented on a custom ASIC. TTU is designed to support the extended features of multimedia keyboards etc.

It also has high res audio & 7.1 surround passthrough.

For up to 4K over Displayport there are TTU KVMs made by several manufacturers Uniclass, InLine and Lindy.

• 7 months later...

I had been using a StarTech SV231DD2DUA KVM switch successfully with my K70 Lux RGB for the past year and a half or so... until last night, when I installed iCue to replace my old Link and Cue software, and iCue prompted me to update my mouse (M65 Pro RGB) and keyboard firmware. Mouse FW update went fine, but KB firmware update got stuck for several minutes before completing.

Lots of keyboard issues after this, but in the end, I am now able to use my keyboard if plugged directly into my Windows 10 PC, but not through the KVM switch anymore. Tried plugging the second keyboard power USB into the switch (as worked before FW update), into the PC (tried USB 2 and 3), and even into a USB port on my power outlet. KB still doesn't work with the KVM switch.

I opened a ticket just now with Corsair. Hopefully, I can maybe downgrade the firmware to a compatible version, but don't know what FW version I was on. 2.something, now on 3.08.

And hope Corsair doesn't simply respond that they don't support KVM switches and can't help me.

Well, my Aten 1782A is working fine with the Corsair Strafe Mk2 keyboard. That said, I had to change its mode so it did not interpret keystrokes as that stopped the functionality of the keyboard working.

So insterad of being able to double tap a keyboard combination to switch input, I now hwo to use the keys on the actual KVM to do so. Slightly annoying, but no biggy!

• 10 months later...

For what it's worth: I just bought a TESmart 2x1 4k/60Hz HDMI switch. This is the v2 with USB passthrough mode.

I'm using a Corsair Strafe RGB and a Corsair Glaive RGB with it, plugged into the keyboard and mouse ports (not the generic USB port).

With the switch in the default, USB passthrough mode, they both work, AND the keystroke shortcut for switching work as well. Putting the switch out of USB passthrough mode borks everything though, and another keyboard is needed to put in back into passthrough mode.

With passthrough mode on, no need to use the keyboard's BIOS mode.

The only thing that doesn't work is that through the KVM switch, iCUE is unable to see the mouse and keyboard. So to change any setting, they have to be connected directly to the computer hosting iCUE.

Bizarrely, CKB-next on Linux is able to connect to the keyboard and mouse through the switch, but then it looks like all keystrokes are eaten by God know what process. I had to turn CKB-next off to make the keyboard work under Ubuntu.

Also note that without iCUE managing the mouse, the Click Optimization option is not in effect, and now I'm plagued with double-click hell. However this is a mouse issue that was mitigated by software, which was not ideal to start with, and has nothing to do with the switch. Problem is easily solved with a mouse without the double-click issue.

For what it's worth: I just bought a TESmart 2x1 4k/60Hz HDMI switch. This is the v2 with USB passthrough mode.

I'm using a Corsair Strafe RGB and a Corsair Glaive RGB with it, plugged into the keyboard and mouse ports (not the generic USB port).

With the switch in the default, USB passthrough mode, they both work, AND the keystroke shortcut for switching work as well. Putting the switch out of USB passthrough mode borks everything though, and another keyboard is needed to put in back into passthrough mode.

With passthrough mode on, no need to use the keyboard's BIOS mode.

The only thing that doesn't work is that through the KVM switch, iCUE is unable to see the mouse and keyboard. So to change any setting, they have to be connected directly to the computer hosting iCUE.

Bizarrely, CKB-next on Linux is able to connect to the keyboard and mouse through the switch, but then it looks like all keystrokes are eaten by God know what process. I had to turn CKB-next off to make the keyboard work under Ubuntu.

Also note that without iCUE managing the mouse, the Click Optimization option is not in effect, and now I'm plagued with double-click hell. However this is a mouse issue that was mitigated by software, which was not ideal to start with, and has nothing to do with the switch. Problem is easily solved with a mouse without the double-click issue.

That's really useful!

I have the Strafe RGB Mk2, and I'm looking to get the Display Port version of that KVM.

I want to simply plug the Keyboard (and my regular wired mouse) into the KVM and that's it. I'm happy to simply use the the button on the front of it to swap input etc. I was under the impression if I plugged my RGB keyboard and regular wired mouse into the two standard USB inputs on the KVM (not the dedicated keyboard and mouse ones), then all would work fine?

If iCue doesn't work etc, then that's a no go for me!

Have you tried the mouse and keyboard in the two regular USB input for behaviour?

The one I'm looking at - https://www.amazon.co.uk/TESmart-Port-DisplayPort-Switch-60Hz/dp/B08JTYGJK3/ref=sr_1_21?dchild=1&keywords=tesmart+2x1+displayport&qid=1619793473&s=electronics&sr=1-21

Edited by NeilFawcett