The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2015, 06:57 PM

POST ID # = 796540
xskarma Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
but I want to be honest with all of you that there is a strong chance that we won't support Windows 10 with any of the legacy products since our focus is strictly on CUE for now and the future.
Thanks for nothing. I've had my mouse for 2 years now, and suddenly it's a "legacy" product and is no longer supported? Screw that.

You had months and months to make sure your products worked with Win 10, and you apparently decided that you didn't need to do that, or it wasn't worth the money to do that.

Well, guess what, service like that costs you customers. I loved my M90, and I was going to use it till it was worn out or broke and would have replaced it with a new Corsair product. Except then you decided to **** on my loyalty by not continuing support for my products.

So, you lost me as a customer. I've allready ordered a Logitech g502 Proteus and I'm never, EVER buying a Corsair product again, since it's obvious I can't trust you to support your products.

I would have done this as a customer support ticket but the hoops I need to jump through to get such an account isn't worth it, but I was angry enough with my treatment by Corsair that I took the time to register on this forum and write this.

I suggest some Corsair rep take this to someone in charge of collecting customer feedback. Don't bother replying, since I'm unlikely to return here to see the result.

Greetz,

1 pissed off ex-customer

Old 08-17-2015, 08:08 PM
Sabrewulf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 796554
Sabrewulf Reputation: 10
Send a message via ICQ to Sabrewulf Send a message via AIM to Sabrewulf Send a message via Yahoo to Sabrewulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
Thanks for nothing. I've had my mouse for 2 years now, and suddenly it's a "legacy" product and is no longer supported? Screw that.

You had months and months to make sure your products worked with Win 10, and you apparently decided that you didn't need to do that, or it wasn't worth the money to do that.

Well, guess what, service like that costs you customers. I loved my M90, and I was going to use it till it was worn out or broke and would have replaced it with a new Corsair product. Except then you decided to **** on my loyalty by not continuing support for my products.

So, you lost me as a customer. I've allready ordered a Logitech g502 Proteus and I'm never, EVER buying a Corsair product again, since it's obvious I can't trust you to support your products.

I would have done this as a customer support ticket but the hoops I need to jump through to get such an account isn't worth it, but I was angry enough with my treatment by Corsair that I took the time to register on this forum and write this.

I suggest some Corsair rep take this to someone in charge of collecting customer feedback. Don't bother replying, since I'm unlikely to return here to see the result.

Greetz,

1 pissed off ex-customer
I've been a customer for almost 15 years now and not just a consumer but a reseller (PC repair shop) that spent almost 3/4 of a million USD in parts to repair computers and build custom PCs. Corsair was easily my #1 choice because of reliability and quality of their product so they have served me well.

I don't typically voice my opinions as loudly as you do and don't react as harshly but when companies do things that I don't like I tend to try other products and if by chance those products treat me well... I stick with them. I don't quite understand how a product such as the M95/M90, that is still being sold, is not part of their CUE and has to have its own software (CGS) to run alongside CUE. Support being dropped for Windows 10? I do believe my mouse is still under warranty... do I send it back in to be replaced with a model that works?

I won't bother... I got excited for the Scimitar but realized that the god awful yellow is there to stay. It doesn't make sense to me to paint a mouse yellow and offer customization LEDs to make it any color you want, but you can't change the yellow. Maybe if a Scimitar mouse comes out without the yellow I'll pass my M95 along to my wife who could care less about it since it was free to her.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:19 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 796555
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
I won't bother... I got excited for the Scimitar but realized that the god awful yellow is there to stay. It doesn't make sense to me to paint a mouse yellow and offer customization LEDs to make it any color you want, but you can't change the yellow. Maybe if a Scimitar mouse comes out without the yellow I'll pass my M95 along to my wife who could care less about it since it was free to her.
Message Corsair James, they are taking feed back on the Scimitar and hopefully will make a all black version. IMO they need to stop forcing the yellow down our throats.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 08-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Sabrewulf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 796556
Sabrewulf Reputation: 10
Send a message via ICQ to Sabrewulf Send a message via AIM to Sabrewulf Send a message via Yahoo to Sabrewulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheren159 View Post
Message Corsair James, they are taking feed back on the Scimitar and hopefully will make a all black version. IMO they need to stop forcing the yellow down our throats.
Oooh, I wasn't sure if I had to message him about it. I figured saying something in the forums was going to count. I'll get right on that :) Thanks!

Old 08-17-2015, 09:33 PM

POST ID # = 796564
shens Reputation: 10

Quote:
I don't quite understand how a product such as the M95/M90, that is still being sold, is not part of their CUE and has to have its own software (CGS) to run alongside CUE. Support being dropped for Windows 10? I do believe my mouse is still under warranty... do I send it back in to be replaced with a model that works?
You hit the nail on the head with the disappointment I feel towards Corsair and the M95. I bought it less than a year ago and it is already legacy. It is still being sold everywhere with no mention that it will no longer be supported.

Microsoft is quickly moving everyone to Windows 10 with free upgrades. It makes sense that you would at least want products being sold currently to support it. It isn't like they snuck Windows 10 out. It had been in public testing for almost a year before it launched.

I would love it if they allow us to send our mice in for an upgrade under warranty if they are not going to support it at all on Windows 10.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:45 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 796567
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
Oooh, I wasn't sure if I had to message him about it. I figured saying something in the forums was going to count. I'll get right on that :) Thanks!
it might, it might not but if you message him then hell be sure to see it. Their working on something big rn so he might miss your post here.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Last edited by Inheritance; 08-20-2015 at 12:36 AM.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:10 AM
Mikuni's PC Specs

POST ID # = 796959
Mikuni Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
but I want to be honest with all of you that there is a strong chance that we won't support Windows 10 with any of the legacy products since our focus is strictly on CUE for now and the future.
That's awful news. I had just ordered a new M95 for my girlfriend's upcoming birthday, still in progress through Amazon so I went and cancelled the order right away.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:29 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 797108
terabyte Reputation: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikuni View Post
That's awful news. I had just ordered a new M95 for my girlfriend's upcoming birthday, still in progress through Amazon so I went and cancelled the order right away.
In this case you're probably better off getting the new Scimitar RGB mouse coming out soon, that's basically the new upgraded version of the M95.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Mikuni's PC Specs

POST ID # = 797111

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
In this case you're probably better off getting the new Scimitar RGB mouse coming out soon, that's basically the new upgraded version of the M95.
Yup been looking at that, seems to be ~50% more expensive in Europe than US though, $120-130 at most retailers on preorder, but the worst, that yellow.. really who came up with that?

Old 08-20-2015, 04:44 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 797113
terabyte Reputation: 73

Quote:
Yup been looking at that, seems to be ~50% more expensive in Europe than US though, $120-130 at most retailers on preorder, but the worst, that yellow.. really who came up with that?
Yeah, James is gathering feedback about the yellow part. I'd like an all-black version too.

That said the higher price is because of the USD/EUR conversion rate, it's gone way too up lately and everything (technology related) costs much more in EU unfortunately
The US price does not include taxes with it while the EU one does usually, that's also part of the difference.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:56 PM
MadIce's PC Specs

POST ID # = 797116
MadIce Reputation: 12

Quote:
I've ordered one yesterday for about 92 euro (including VAT and delivery), which is about 104 dollar. So that must have been a good deal that I got then.

And the yellow? I've ordered shades along with it. :P

Old 08-20-2015, 05:29 PM
Mikuni's PC Specs

POST ID # = 797124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadIce View Post
I've ordered one yesterday for about 92 euro (including VAT and delivery), which is about 104 dollar. So that must have been a good deal that I got then.

And the yellow? I've ordered shades along with it. :P
Where? ~112 euro in UK amazon before shipping, 99 at some spanish shop, etc.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:07 PM
MadIce's PC Specs

POST ID # = 797136
MadIce Reputation: 12

Quote:
Where? ~112 euro in UK amazon before shipping, 99 at some spanish shop, etc.
Not sure where you live. But you mentioned the UK. I found one there for £67.90 (about 107 dollar).

Corsair Gaming Scimitar USB.

Delivery date between the 7th and 8th of September. They have sites in several European countries.

Last edited by MadIce; 08-20-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:23 AM
Mikuni's PC Specs

POST ID # = 797357

Thanks I'll check :)

Assuming the designers who picked the color and higher-ups who approved were color blind with the yellow :D

Old 08-21-2015, 08:20 AM
naubin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 797367
naubin Reputation: 10

I am also not impress, I bought the M95 last November, the scroll wheel is now already "free spinning" which render the mouse unusable in Chrome, Word etc.

Problem is if I send it back for warranty I have to pay the shipping and I will not be able to use it later this year when I upgrade to Windows 10.

All the while I see the G502 on special for about the same price it would cost me to ship the mouse back and that mouse is Windows 10 compatible.

I guess the only way to cope with this lack of support is to forget about using it if it breaks or if you are planning to upgrade your version of Windows.

Not what I expected but at least it is cheap enough to ditch it and not feeling bad about it!

Cheers!

n!ck