Corsair Community

ST100 Lighting

Just out of interest, Is the ST100 a lot dimmer than the MM800 or is that just mine? It's been that way from the start but I just wondered if everyone else has noticed that. Also the RGB seems slightly different too when using the same colour in CUE, white is kind of blue and I have to shift the colours more to the red side to get what I'm after.

different angles of incidence and the polaris plastic edge is more exposed i would say. Its also possible it is different hardware, but i think it is the medium you are seeing the light through if i had to guess. I would say that is correct it at the very least appears not to have the same illumination intensity. For my purposes that is preferable - especially since there's no off with the windows lockscreen or during reboots etc.

Does your look blue when you set it to white too? To give you an idea of the difference I can see. To get the same yellow on the back of the mouse as the logo on the ST100 headset stand, I use the RGB colour 255, 255, 0 for the mouse and have to use 255, 83, 0 on the headset stand logo to achieve what appears to be the same colour. The only difference is that the headset stand is much darker.

Does your look blue when you set it to white too?

Both my ST and MM have a slightly different hue to the rest of my RGB..

When in static modes i do alter those two items to match the rest by eye rather than on screen.. ST has a blue ish tint when set to white and MM has a pink ish tint....

nW7kITDl.png

... It's not a big issue, I just change the colours slightly.

Sorry I missed all these replies, I wonder if with a couple sets of photos we could agree on a mutual color shift across hardware. I would think averaged color samples in Photoshop would give us the difference or how far exactly to shift the colors in CUE. It sounds like you figured it out between your mouse and the ST100 for a blue - it is probably approximately a fixed shift of colors between the hardware.

Would be easy to then implement with a regex find replace in the cueprofiles if anyone cared to do so.

• 7 months later...
Just out of interest, Is the ST100 a lot dimmer than the MM800 or is that just mine? It's been that way from the start but I just wondered if everyone else has noticed that. Also the RGB seems slightly different too when using the same colour in CUE, white is kind of blue and I have to shift the colours more to the red side to get what I'm after.

Correct, the colors are off. The color I pick in software is almost a perfect match on my K95 Plat but on the ST100 the colors are off. For example, picking Yellow shows Green on the ST100, and picking Orange shows Yellow.

This is my second ST100 (replaced 1st) and it's the same color issue. So either it's a bad batch or a bad product. I submitted a ticket, so I'll wait to see what they say before returning this to Amazon.

E.

Does your look blue when you set it to white too? To give you an idea of the difference I can see. To get the same yellow on the back of the mouse as the logo on the ST100 headset stand, I use the RGB colour 255, 255, 0 for the mouse and have to use 255, 83, 0 on the headset stand logo to achieve what appears to be the same colour. The only difference is that the headset stand is much darker.

I bought ST100. Noticed the blue "skew" also.

Setting to Yellow looks Green on mine.

Setting to Orange looks Yellow for example.

I went through the trouble of returning my first one to Amazon, got a second one - same issue.

Then I submitted a Corsair ticket and their ultimate response was bad unit. They did not offer any advice other than checking software and firmware versions.

Archived