The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2019, 06:50 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026454
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

That is a fan repeated or powered fan splitter. It takes 1 PWM signal from the motherboard and then repeats it for all fans on the hub. I can't tell from looking at it anything more than that. However, it most definitely will need external power (usually SATA like the H150i). You also may not want it connected to OPT. OPT is the mirror of the CPU fan header. It does whatever CPU fan does. In this case, CPU fan does nothing and so will all the fans connected to it. You probably want this on a CHA fan header for better control options. The W_Pump or AIO pump headers can work. If there is a pressing need, you could put the powered splitter connector on CPU fan and move the H150i connector elsewhere. However, that will tie all your case fans to CPU temperature on a short trigger. All fans connected will race up and down.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:01 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026492
DevBiker Reputation: 94

I don't know what that controller is but it isn't Corsair. I've never seen it, personally and you are, at this point, better off trying to contact the manufacturer of the case that it came with.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 12-06-2019, 04:28 AM
VRos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026498
VRos Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
That is a fan repeated or powered fan splitter. It takes 1 PWM signal from the motherboard and then repeats it for all fans on the hub. I can't tell from looking at it anything more than that. However, it most definitely will need external power (usually SATA like the H150i). You also may not want it connected to OPT. OPT is the mirror of the CPU fan header. It does whatever CPU fan does. In this case, CPU fan does nothing and so will all the fans connected to it. You probably want this on a CHA fan header for better control options. The W_Pump or AIO pump headers can work. If there is a pressing need, you could put the powered splitter connector on CPU fan and move the H150i connector elsewhere. However, that will tie all your case fans to CPU temperature on a short trigger. All fans connected will race up and down.
I have the module controller connected with a SATA power cable, separate from the cable the Corsair water pump unit.

I have moved the PWM connector to a CHA_FAN unit, and the LED/RGB to an ADD_HEADER. However, no reaction, except I few seconds Led light on the fans, then disappeared. The fans are not spinning. There is an LED button on the ATX case to control the LEDs and sequence but not responding.

At present, the ATX is not enclosed, maybe this a reason for the fans not spinning as not required???

I have contacted someone who has a similar ATX case and asked him for details. Thank you.

Old 12-06-2019, 04:42 AM
VRos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026499

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I don't know what that controller is but it isn't Corsair. I've never seen it, personally and you are, at this point, better off trying to contact the manufacturer of the case that it came with.
Hi. Initially, the Corsair water pump system was not working that was the reason to start my topic here, then reading more and more, and experimenting with the cables I have sorted it out, the outstanding issue remained the ATX case fans and module controller.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZRYHW...740111_TE_item

down on the page linked above are the description for the module.

I appreciate your interaction.

Old 12-06-2019, 05:31 AM
VRos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026500

Issue resolved once the full ATX cover installed.

Thank you very much.