Corsair Community

Hello all,

So after many hours of planning and research, I got everything hooked up this weekend. doing my 24 hour leak test went very well, with no condensation or dripping. During this time I had the commander pro hooked up as well, testing lights on the new fans and verifying they all run properly. everything seemed to go well, but about 2 hours in all the RGB shut off on the fans.

At that point it was fine with me as it was pretty late.

When I woke the next morning I began the excruciating task of cable management, already having a single commander pro and a lighting node pro, on top of doing push/pull on the new 420 rad. So, 6 fans in total for the new Cpro.

Got everything wired up, and the fans are spinning (on very, very low speeds) and none of the RGB will work.

So I think maybe its the fact i'm using a USB plug direct from my motherboard, and so i plug it into the commander pro I already have, to one of the USB headers. Windows throws a USB device not recognized error and icue wont see it. I move my lighting node pro to the supposedly working Commander Pro, and running from its USB header it wont show up in Icue either.

Weird, huh? So my brand new commander is basically DoA, as well as the USB plugs on my (seemingly otherwise fine) Cpro not recognizing a lighting node pro or the other commander pro.

I should note that I have replugged, checked all wiring, the lighting node pro works fine when direct to the motherboard, on the working Cpro.

Also, the new (completely not working) cpro wont even allow its RGB hub to funciton when plugged into an LED port, but if i move it to the second commander pro with the janky USB headers, it works fine from its LED port.

So, I have one "semi" working commander pro (USB headers not working?) and a brand new 800$ HydroX setup that I cant use (and on the default hardware setting wont even compete with the 240 AIO I replaced it with) because i cant control fan speed. I can only set pump speed, but it isnt recognized as a HydroX system (No HydroX Profiles appear available, and it doesnt list it in devices) and even then at 100% (4k RPM) it still wont beat my 240.

I have a feeling this is solely due to lack of fancurve and pump settings in iCue not being available, and the fans being stuck at the lowest possible speed (once again I have 5 LL's in Push Pull)

Please help. I put a ticket in last week with support, and haven't heard anything back. at the moment i feel like a fool having spent so much money and I cant even cool a 9900k at 5.0ghz without hitting 90 degrees, whereas my 240 AIO wouldn't even break 85ish.

• Corsair Employee

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues.

With "semi" working Commander PRO, did you connect RGB, pump PWM cable and temperature probe according to the guide.

Starting at 1min 37s mark.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Then set up profiles according to

[ame=https://youtu.be/LuUr7mLl6YM]

[/ame]

After setting the lighting setup to Hydro X Series and listing your Hydro X devices, Hydro X profiles should be available under performance tab.

Could you take a few pictures of your Hydro X setup?

Please let me know your ticket number.

Thanks for all of your help!

Talked to Customer support, they are going to RMA both C-pros.

Yes, I followed all setup instructions to the letter. Don't think I missed anything.

Ticket numbers are 2000761274 & 2000763369. I am waiting on hold now as the second RMA (while approved) I haven't been sent any info on, and I wanted to ship them both together rather than having to pay for an extra label.

Here is a Pic of my setup :

6JQvcln.jpg