Corsair Community

h100i platinum waterblock not lighting up

freshsqzy

I installed an h100i platinum waterblock. The two RGB fans are lighting up. Everything is hooked up properly. When I first powered on my PC after install, the waterblock RGBs were on. When the computer filtered and reset, the RGBs on the waterblock turned off and have not turned back on. They have remained OFF since the computer filtered and reset on initial boot. Is this waterblock just trash? Someone please help with a fix.

• 8 months later...

I fixed he rgb blip and annoying windows notification by changing the cpu fan settings in the BIOS settings on my msi gaming plus MB.

I one-click selected PWM fan type setting for the CPU FAN (changes the fans power settings to PULSE WIDTH MODULATION) and that stopped the issue. What prompted me to do this : I noticed the rpm reading on my cpu fan (corsair pump driver was 0 rpm, as soon as I switched over to PWM type it bumped to 1200RPM.

IF YOU'RE HAVING THIS RGB BLIP PROBLEM YOUR CPU PUMP MAY NOT ACTUALLY BE OPERATING AND YOUR CPU MAY FAIL!

From what I gather, the usb power connector for the cpu pump (thicker cable) only provides power to the pump and does not actually control the rate of flow for the pump. this control is prompted by temperature readings from the motherboard and gives feedback to the 4 prong cpu cooler connector that plugs into the thinner wires coming out of the Corsair cooler head. Typically the factory cpu fan always comes on immediately at power up, however the low variable output may not be enough to get the Corsair cooler pump going. PWM is also ironically the preferred electrical current signal method to control dimming of RGB LEDs