The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2019, 07:32 PM
sblantipodi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021021
sblantipodi Reputation: 10

what is the adapter you are talking about?
can't find it on your signature.
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD ~~ Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD ~~ Corsair ForceGT 240GB SSD ~~ Western Digital Black 2TB HDD ~~ Western Digital My Book 3.0 2TB HDD
Corsair AX860i 860W ~~ Cyberpower Smart UPS PR1500ELCD 1500VA/1350W

Old 10-11-2019, 09:54 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021026
DevBiker Reputation: 88

The link for making/repairing Corsair Cables. There's even a YouTube video making fan extensions. The process for adapters is the same (though the cables are different and you have to match the pinouts).

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-02-2019, 05:30 PM
sblantipodi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022907

guys, corsair's way it's too complicated.
you can't avoid using the "motherboard" software since all the motherboards now have RGB and it is not reasonable to have all corsair's products inside a case.

corsair ique is the reason why I abandon corsair, I want a product that can be driven via the motherboard software and not having dozens of software to drive some rgb.

hope that you will stop with this madness and start supporting the motherboard's software like all the others.
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD ~~ Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD ~~ Corsair ForceGT 240GB SSD ~~ Western Digital Black 2TB HDD ~~ Western Digital My Book 3.0 2TB HDD

Old 11-02-2019, 05:46 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022908

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblantipodi View Post
guys, corsair's way it's too complicated.
you can't avoid using the "motherboard" software since all the motherboards now have RGB and it is not reasonable to have all corsair's products inside a case.

corsair ique is the reason why I abandon corsair, I want a product that can be driven via the motherboard software and not having dozens of software to drive some rgb.

hope that you will stop with this madness and start supporting the motherboard's software like all the others.
I'll have to disagree with you on that one. The effects that you can create in iCUE are far richer than anything I've seen any of the motherboard makers do. It's the difference between "choose from a limited number of effects that we want to give you" to "create just about any effect that you want".

But ... to each their own.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-02-2019, 05:57 PM
sblantipodi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022911

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I'll have to disagree with you on that one. The effects that you can create in iCUE are far richer than anything I've seen any of the motherboard makers do. It's the difference between "choose from a limited number of effects that we want to give you" to "create just about any effect that you want".

But ... to each their own.
very few people prefer Christmas tree over simplicity.
motherboard way is easyer, cheaper, and widely supported by many manufacturer.
this are only my two cents, hope that you will stop with this nonsense or at least that you will offer the possibility to choose between your small ecosystem and the big one.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:11 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022913

Quote:
very few people prefer Christmas tree over simplicity.
motherboard way is easyer, cheaper, and widely supported by many manufacturer.
this are only my two cents, hope that you will stop with this nonsense or at least that you will offer the possibility to choose between your small ecosystem and the big one.
I will stop with this nonsense? Expressing an opinion different from yours is "nonsense"? Keep in mind that I don't work for or speak for Corsair, as detailed in my signature.

As for the "motherboard way" ... yeah, it's 'easier' and 'cheaper' but it's also less flexible and, after a month, boring. I started with RGB there. And I've worked with Aura, Mystic Light, RGB Fusion and RGB Sync - so pretty much all of the main ones - as well as ThermalTake, NZXT and Razer. I chose Corsair for my own system.

And ... there are adapters for other, non-Corsair devices to work with iCUE and the Corsair ecosystem. Not Corsair branded but they work well. You can't do that with another vendor's ecosystem (whom I won't mention but they are in that list above). There are also adapters to control Corsair stuff from the motherboard too. Oh, and MSI even has a Corsair header on some of their motherboards. So ... yeah ... you can do the "motherboard way" if you like. But ... meh.

Last edited by DevBiker; 11-02-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:51 PM
sblantipodi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022917

I don't mean you, I mean corsair, sorry for my unpolite way :)
in any case, I don't like the corsair ecosystem, I don't need all the Christmas effect and I like the cheaper easyer way.
it's only my hopinion but I think that many people will abandon corsair for this.

it would be cool to know how many people prefer to spend more and be "less compatible with other products" for the added corsair's features and how many people agree with me.

Old 11-03-2019, 12:03 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022924

Quote:
I don't mean you, I mean corsair, sorry for my unpolite way :)
in any case, I don't like the corsair ecosystem, I don't need all the Christmas effect and I like the cheaper easyer way.
it's only my hopinion but I think that many people will abandon corsair for this.

it would be cool to know how many people prefer to spend more and be "less compatible with other products" for the added corsair's features and how many people agree with me.
I don't think that Corsair is "less compatible with other products". I, in fact, heartily disagree with that statement and I, personally, have several non-Corsair RGB products connected to iCUE right now. Just the fact that adapters are available and work well gives lie to that statement. With one of their competitors (whom I won't name), they've ensured that things like adapters absolutely positively will not work on any of their stuff.

The other thing that you don't seem to take into account is that Corsair released their addressable RGB line when motherboard makers were still on analog 12V RGB. There was no addressable Aura at the time, much less the "motherboard connector". In fact, that connector didn't exist in any form until Asus and MSI released motherboards with them. And, in all honesty, it's a poor choice for a connector - it's relatively easy to put 5V products onto a 12V header and they don't have an active lock, only friction lock. So they come loose easily. A little bit of electrical tape fixes the problem but that's not something that you see with Corsair's stuff. So - that Aura style connector? It's only a "standard" because of the market power of Asus and MSI combined. The closest thing to a standard RGB connector for 5V analog is actually the JST-SM connector that you'll find on the Lian Li Strimer and many Phanteks products.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:18 AM
sblantipodi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022934

The fact that you need "non Corsair adapters" to use non Corsair products says it all.
All those Christmas effect that sincerely I really dislike needs to know how many led is connected to the devices, if you connect a third party device, can you specify how many led the device have in ique?

Even if yes, I repeat, I can't uninstall the motherboard software, so really no need for another software from Corsair that adds Christmas effect and drain my wallet.

I'm not buying Corsair products anymore just for this.
No Corsair fans where I prefer them, no custom loop because of this RGB ecosystem.

Hope that things will change in the future, that every manufacturer will use the common ws2812b and that this "non standard way of doing simple things" will stop.