Corsair Community

x680 with 6 LL Series Fans Not Working

Hello everyone,

This is my first attempt at building a case with custom lighting.

I bought the x680 and the entire system seems straight forward to put together.

About an hour ago, I have everything plugged up and running but I am having an issue.

So, the case itself has 3 LL Series fans, and I ordered 3 more LL Series fans to utilize the full 6 ports the case comes with. Upon starting up the system, I get the front 3 LED fans showing up and the 3 newly bought fans not showing up. So, I loaded up iCue (v3.28.70) and noticed the Lighting Channel 1 was setup wrong.

I changed the Lighting Channel 1 to "LL RGB Series Fans" and "6 Fans are connected". Nothing changed. Same front 3 fans with lights and 3 new fans not lighting.

Then, I swapped fans 4, 5, and 6 (newly bought fans) to ports 1, 2, and 3 and fans 1, 2, and 3 (front 3 case fans) to ports 4, 5, and 6. Now the newly installed fans show up but the front 3 fans are not lighting.

So, my natural instinct is to think that the LED Hub ports 4, 5, and 6 are busted (or at least port 4 is, making port 5, and 6 bad).

Is there anything else I am missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I wanted to make sure the Lighting Node Pro wasn't the problem and just swapped from lighting channels 1 to lighting channels 2. Then changed settings in iCue.

Same problem persists.

I already swapped fan 3 on port 3 with fan 4 on port 4 (to be fan 3 on port 4, fan 4 on port 3).

Fan 4’s LED worked but Fan 3’s LED stopped.

Edited by Zyllos

It def sounds like that's the problem mate.

I'm guessing you don't have a spare you can swap in to validate that?

No I do not. I ordered the X680 and got a bad RGB Hub.

Edited by Zyllos