Corsair Community

Buzzing microphone problem

swest

Greetings,

I just purchased the HS1. I like its headphone qualities very much: Comfortable, better than average sound quality, good DSP software, etc.

I purchased it to replace my Creative HS-1200, but not for any of the foregoing qualities. I had a buzz in my microphone output (heard by others when playing things like l4d, or l4d2). I don't have this buzz when I use a cheap, plantronics analog headset plugged in to my logitech g110 gaming keyboard (which, I would assume, means that it is acting as another USB audio device, like the HS-1200).

I assumed this meant that there was some issue with the drivers associated with the HS-1200.

So, I got the Corsair HS1 to solve that problem. Wrong. I have the same problem with the HS1...

So, this appears to be my problem. The only thing is, I don't know what the problem is !!?%#&

I've tried a few things that lead me to believe that it isn't environmental (RF interference, etc). I can't remember if I have the problem when using the HS-1200 with my gaming laptop, but I'm going to give that a try...

My current set up may be the problem. I have my gaming PC in one room, and I run a USB extender to a USB hub in the room where I sit. Everything that I plug in to that hub 'works': The keyboard, my cameras (which are only plugged in when I'm downloading pics/videos), my SD card reader, etc...

Any other ideas?

Again, Creative HS-1200 and Corsair HS1 have buzzing from the microphone to other participants in online games; Plantronics Clearchat headset plugged in to the headset output on my Logitech G110 USB keyboard has no buzzing...

I'm going to give this a try tonight:

Please don't flame me if this has already been reported/discussed as I am just trying to help. I just got the HS1 and had the same low audio on my mic. I have only tested this with skype's echo service and had positive results. Here is what i did:

Win7

--> Recording devices in windows

--> Properties on the mic

--> Enhancements tab

--> Checked Low Frequency Protection

--> Checked Loudness Equalization

--> Click Apply

It was MUCH louder for me after that.

Archived