Corsair Community

HD120 RGBs not working

MrTrololo

Hi all, I've been having a problem the past few weeks with my HD120 fans and I'm at my wits end. I have 3x HD120 RGB fans and a commander pro, but only the fan in slot 1 on the RGB hub that came with the fans will light up.

Originally, my RGB hub was faulty anyway and fried my Commander Pro, so I assumed that the problem started and ended there, but I just got my replacement RGB hub and Commander Pro and I still have the same issue. All the RGBs in all 3 fans work fine; I've tried each of them in the first slot and they all work. Setting them up in Corsair Link didn't work, nor did iCue, and I've also tried both RGB headers on the Commander Pro.

The fans themselves work fine and the only issue is with the lighting. I really love the RGB effect on these fans, but I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong. Any help would really be appreciated, I'm losing my mind troubleshooting this.

Hey there.

Do you have the HD Fan Controller that usually comes with the packs of HD fans? If so, give that a shot as troubleshooting.

Also ... you mentioned that all of the fans worked in slot 1 on the Hub. That's good. When you checked that they all worked in slot 1, did you ever have one in slot 2? The fans are connected in serial - like Christmas lights. Each fan "pops" it's data off of the stream and pass the rest down to the next fan. So it's entirely possible that a fan may work (it gets its data) but it doesn't pass the rest down. Kinda like that rude relative at Thanksgiving that won't pass the mashed potatoes. So when you testing fans, always test another fan in the next port.

I just gave that controller a try and found out that the issue continues with only slot 1 working, but the fan stays white and doesn't respond to any button presses, even after a restart. Also, I did have a fan in slot 2 when I was testing all of them.

I have a feeling whatever issue I had with the hub and Commander when it shorted out might've fried the data lines as well.

I just gave that controller a try and found out that the issue continues with only slot 1 working, but the fan stays white and doesn't respond to any button presses, even after a restart. Also, I did have a fan in slot 2 when I was testing all of them.

I have a feeling whatever issue I had with the hub and Commander when it shorted out might've fried the data lines as well.

All 12 LEDs stay white? That's pretty unusual.

And yeah, that's certainly possible.

Archived