Corsair Community

Any cases pre-configured with ML RGB fans?

elandau

My top priority is Low-Noise so thinking of getting an H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO cooler and all ML fans. Not wanting to deal with CoPro and Hubs, and NodePros... I just want a case that has it all... but want ML fans :). Ok I guess that's not going to happen but just thought I'd ask.

While I have your attention: Should the case fans be connected to the mobo or the Commander Pro? Which would control as a function of temp?? Zotty's post shows the fans hooked up to some PWM-repeater small circuit board but I'm not sure what that is. The Corsair carbide 678c 6-port pwm repeater is out of stock... I can see how it would make sense to have all fan speeds controlled by the same "controller" to help with push/pull.

I'm not overclocking... or gaming for that matter (sorry guys)... so maybe I don't need that many fans? (noise)? Sorry for all the questions :)

MSI Z390 MEG ACE, i7-9900K, WX 5100,

Thanks,

-Ed

What case and how many fans?

Zotty's diagram is for a 1000D fully loaded with 32 fans. It's not applicable to most users.

And the AIO fans should be connected to the AIO for PWM control. Case fans to the CoPro. Use the thermistors on the CoPro for the control source.

Well, I'm using an MSI Z390 MEG ACE, i7-9900K, and a WX 5100. No Overclocking.

With absolutely no data to back this up, I'm thinking of getting a 2-3 fan CPU cooler (push), 1 fan in the back (pull), and maybe 3 in the front (pull?) simply because that's what I need many boxes have??

But this is a work computer (not gaming) and I"m thinking that this will be way too noisy? ... which is why I want ML fans... most cases come with LL.. which look great but I'd rather have "quiet" than "pretty" :)

-Ed

Edited by elandau
forgot

Actually... I'm leaning towards the i9-9900 (not "K"). 1/3 less power and I don't need that much processing... so about 65W. 'Seems like I'm spending a week researching each component and I'm now on the case.... solid front or not? :) None of the Corsair cases from the ML fans it looks like so that's kind of a waste... no? 'Would LOVE advice here.

To to recap:

* I9-9900 (65W)

* CTX 1650 or WX 5100

* 2 M.2 cards.

That's it. Running Visual Studio and Photoshop. That's it! :)

Thanks

_Ed

Just buy the fans separately and install them. If that is what you want that is how it is going to work. If it was me I get the 9900KS and down-clock it if you want low wattage. That way if you wanted or needed more power, simply crank it back up and move on. When you get the low-end CPU , well that is what you are getting.