Corsair Community

Scimitar problems

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so i have been using the Beta CUE Version 1.15.28 and the bug came for me today personal, my girlfriend had been experience some problems with it the other day but i could not determinate that it was that problem but it is clear for me now it was the same bug as before. Chubby cursor movement RGB color effect freezes and buttons also i know it is a beta but is there a way to report the problem to your guys Henry ?

so i have been using the Beta CUE Version 1.15.28 and the bug came for me today personal, my girlfriend had been experience some problems with it the other day but i could not determinate that it was that problem but it is clear for me now it was the same bug as before. Chubby cursor movement RGB color effect freezes and buttons also i know it is a beta but is there a way to report the problem to your guys Henry ?

Did you update CUE only or also the Firmware? I've been using the beta FW for more than 1 week and I never had the issue anymore. Before the upgrade I could easily replicate it 5-6 times daily.

I've got an odd issue that I haven't been able to fix yet. Contacted Henry, but I'll post here in case the knowledge/experience might help others.

The side buttons only function within the Corsair software itself. I can set them to keys, then use the side buttons to confirm that they work by adding in letters to my profile name.

Once I click outside of the Corsair software into anything else (Chrome, Notepad, games) then the key binds stop functioning.

So I know there isn't a physical issue with the buttons.

I was sent the new software and firmware so I...

Uninstalled existing CUE software and profiles

Restarted PC

Installed Henry's version of CUE software

Restarted PC

Updated Mouse Firmware per the CUE software prompt

Restarted PC

Still nothing. Any ideas/solutions welcome at this point. I've got tons of Corsair gear and software and I've never had an issue with a product before, but this is a little upsetting - especially seeing as this appears to be a relatively common issue judging by the number of reports I've seen about small issues with the mouse.

***EDIT***

I just went back into the CUE software and made sure that the profile I had made was set as default then I used the "store on device software" button. This seemed to fix it. Unsure if it was the setting as default or the store on device option, but this may help others.

Edited by Budikah

I've got an odd issue that I haven't been able to fix yet. Contacted Henry, but I'll post here in case the knowledge/experience might help others.

The side buttons only function within the Corsair software itself. I can set them to keys, then use the side buttons to confirm that they work by adding in letters to my profile name.

Once I click outside of the Corsair software into anything else (Chrome, Notepad, games) then the key binds stop functioning.

So I know there isn't a physical issue with the buttons.

I was sent the new software and firmware so I...

Uninstalled existing CUE software and profiles

Restarted PC

Installed Henry's version of CUE software

Restarted PC

Updated Mouse Firmware per the CUE software prompt

Restarted PC

Still nothing. Any ideas/solutions welcome at this point. I've got tons of Corsair gear and software and I've never had an issue with a product before, but this is a little upsetting - especially seeing as this appears to be a relatively common issue judging by the number of reports I've seen about small issues with the mouse.

***EDIT***

I just went back into the CUE software and made sure that the profile I had made was set as default then I used the "store on device software" button. This seemed to fix it. Unsure if it was the setting as default or the store on device option, but this may help others.

TLDR his default profile changed when he closed CUE. Always check your default profile.

The thing is I manually set the profile to use. The entire time before I was making sure I was on the right profile, default or not, and it was not working. It did this when I had a single profile, and it continued to do it when I had 2 profiles.

Now that I've got that fixed, the mouse is starting to randomly freeze up. I checked your sig and turned all the colors to solid. Hopefully that takes care of it. Clearly it is still an issue however, because even using the SW/FW update from Henry this is still happening.

Quickly losing patience with this product and Corsair as a whole. How is this such a widespread issue yet the product still made it out for public release? Feel like I should have went with the Logitech at half the price at this point.

EDIT - Still occasionally freezing up even with the new beta software, firmware, and all lighting turned to solid colors.

Edited by Budikah

The link you sent me to the beta doesn't work now

Can i please have the BETA now!!!! Its not out at final release right!!! I seen your message about you not sending the BETA out. THat's stupid You guys should always have BETA's for the community to try out and not hold them back.

Like nvidia or other sites that have BETA's out for us to try should be free......lol

The thing is I manually set the profile to use. The entire time before I was making sure I was on the right profile, default or not, and it was not working. It did this when I had a single profile, and it continued to do it when I had 2 profiles.

Now that I've got that fixed, the mouse is starting to randomly freeze up. I checked your sig and turned all the colors to solid. Hopefully that takes care of it. Clearly it is still an issue however, because even using the SW/FW update from Henry this is still happening.

Quickly losing patience with this product and Corsair as a whole. How is this such a widespread issue yet the product still made it out for public release? Feel like I should have went with the Logitech at half the price at this point.

EDIT - Still occasionally freezing up even with the new beta software, firmware, and all lighting turned to solid colors.

PM Henry with your logs.

And how would you know if this is or isnt a wide spread issue? people that dont have problems dont complain so you have no idea how large the total user base is.

Can i please have the BETA now!!!! Its not out at final release right!!! I seen your message about you not sending the BETA out. THat's stupid You guys should always have BETA's for the community to try out and not hold them back.

Like nvidia or other sites that have BETA's out for us to try should be free......lol

Beta builds are no longer being given out.

PM Henry with your logs.

And how would you know if this is or isnt a wide spread issue? people that dont have problems dont complain so you have no idea how large the total user base is.

I'm not omniscient but I do research before I buy a product - at least cursory research.

Funnily enough, the very issues I am having are the exact issues that came up when I was researching into buying this mouse. The fact that it's something that comes up when researching into buying the mouse is pretty damning, don't you think? It's in the Google searches, it's in product reviews, etc. It's something that -almost- affected my choice of purchase, instead I just hoped it would work out fine for me as most of my other Corsair parts work great. My brother got the same mouse and has zero issues - so it isn't happening to everybody but it's clearly happening to enough people to make some reconsider this as a choice.

Did you update CUE only or also the Firmware? I've been using the beta FW for more than 1 week and I never had the issue anymore. Before the upgrade I could easily replicate it 5-6 times daily.

as it was stated in the email i received, the firmware was attached to the email so yes i updated the hole thing. and now the mouse is almost not usable, im gonna try and reboot for now...

I just got my new Scimitar, and i also had this issue once till now, since replugging ist somewhat difficult for me, i had to restart my PC. I hope the update will be out soon.

And there is another issue, when my PC enters energy saving mode and i wake it up, the mouse simply doesnt work anymore didnt have this problem with my old mouse wich was plugged in in the same USB Connector.

I just got my new Scimitar, and i also had this issue once till now, since replugging ist somewhat difficult for me, i had to restart my PC. I hope the update will be out soon.

And there is another issue, when my PC enters energy saving mode and i wake it up, the mouse simply doesnt work anymore didnt have this problem with my old mouse wich was plugged in in the same USB Connector.

The wake from sleep issue should be fixed too with the coming update if I recall right. I might be wrong though, maybe Corsair Henry can confirm.

• Corsair Employee

Is the mouse as a whole unresponsive or does it only not get detected in CUE?

Is the mouse as a whole unresponsive or does it only not get detected in CUE?

The mouse as a whole doesn't work anymore, no tracking, none of the buttons work the only thing that still works are the lights.

i tried to turn off energy saving option for the device, but its didnt help at all.

Hi everyone.

I am a new owner of this mouse and just got this weird laggy unresponsive bugg of the mouse. Laggy/ no buttons response and light freezing.

It seems there is not a fix yet but what i first did (except unplug/replug it because it is a pain in the *** to access at the back of my setup) is to flash it again in CUE.

How ? you would say but the mouse clicking still work even it does not seem to. You have to press the button longer than just a click. That's my tip at the moment. Maybe someone already pointed it out anyway.

I will try to investigate. :p