Corsair Community

icue not detecting my H100i rgb platinum

When I first downloaded this program I was able to control the fan speed and rgb lights. Then I did a software update and now it only shows my corsair keyboard. I uninstalled icue and all its files then reinstalled, still nothing. Currently my rgb lights are on and the fans are running but I have no way to control them. The fans sound like they are running at full speed.

OK. That means that Windows isn't detecting the USB device.

Look in Device Manager ... do you see any unrecognized devices?

You can also look at disabling Windows Fast Startup - https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup.

Make sure, too, that the USB header is plugged in correctly. It's super-easy to get it off by one. But ... you just said a software update; nothing about opening the case up so I don't think that this is likely.

OK. That means that Windows isn't detecting the USB device.

Look in Device Manager ... do you see any unrecognized devices?

You can also look at disabling Windows Fast Startup - https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup.

Make sure, too, that the USB header is plugged in correctly. It's super-easy to get it off by one. But ... you just said a software update; nothing about opening the case up so I don't think that this is likely.

Ok so currently I'm plugged into the USB 13 on my motherboard. It only has 4 pins, so I pulled it out and plugged it into the usb with 5 pins on top 4 on the bottom. Problem is the lights on the cooler block dont light up when its plugged into that and the rgb turns white on the fans but the fans keep pumping at 100%. Not sure what that means

Hmm ... OK. On USB13, it'd be easy to have the pins off. The red wire on the connector should be on USB13 Pin 1 - that's on the side towards the back of the motherboard/case.

When it's plugged in to USB 1112, what happens if you set Instant Lighting?

Also, have you tried connecting to a standard micro USB cable and routing to rear IO? This is for troubleshooting - not as a permanent solution.

Hmm ... OK. On USB13, it'd be easy to have the pins off. The red wire on the connector should be on USB13 Pin 1 - that's on the side towards the back of the motherboard/case.

When it's plugged in to USB 1112, what happens if you set Instant Lighting?

Also, have you tried connecting to a standard micro USB cable and routing to rear IO? This is for troubleshooting - not as a permanent solution.

I have tried to connect on usb 13 with the red wire first but it doesnt supply power to the cooler base when I do that. When i connect it with the red wire not connected it supplies power to the base. Weird. I have also attempted using a standard micro usb cable and it doesnt supply power to the base. Literally the only connection that gives it power is that usb 13 connection. Basically when I first installed it I downloaded icue and my cooler was there as a connected device. I did an update, then restarted my computer. After I restarted and opened icue again the cooler wasnt shown as a connected device but the cooler still performed normally. I disconnected the usb that went into the motherboard and reconnected it as an attempt to get it to show up in icue again. That's when it stopped acting normally and now runs at full fan speed.

Turns out I had to go out and buy the corsair commander pro and connect the fans to that. Now I have controle over the fans being loud. As far as the pump goes it's working and keeping my cpu around 20 to 25c at idle, so I know it's working. Can't control it though. Thanks for the help, going to see if connecting the mini usb from the pump to the commander allows me to control the pump.

• 1 month later...
Hi, i have had the corsair h100i rgb pro version for about a month and at the beggining i had no issues with it on icue. Today when i got back from college, icue would not recognise it. All i did was to go to device manager (using windows 10 home 64 bit) and re enable the usb driver of the h100i. For some reason it was disabled without any warnings. Hope this helps!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My hi100 rgb platinum flickered initially and when i tried to resolve this via repairing in the icue app and seeing whether maybe i have dead LED's i set the colour to static white, since then my rgb fans have been blank (no light on) and the corsair cpu cooler hi100 rgb platinum has been a static yellow colour.

i have only installed this cpu cooler 2 days ago and have had a lot of problems... i dont know what to do to let icue see my device again.

on the images i can see the cpu cooler and the rams i have installed (both corsair) however it doesnt show up under the 'devices' section

on my pc i can see the hi100 rgb platinum cpu cooler is detected in windows devices however is not detected in icue.

• 3 months later...