The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 140727
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I would try your reseller first and see if they can help you get the modules replaced! If you do the RMA directly with us the time it will take will really depend on how you ship them too us as once received we will normally ship international shipments 2 or 3 day Air!

Old 09-01-2004, 08:00 AM

POST ID # = 141068
FabinovX Reputation: 10

Hi,
Well, i just want to ask you something more because my reseller guaranty has expired for 2 monthes now, and i'm not yet sure he will take my problem in consideration.(Told me, he need some informations from his provider before
telling me if it's Ok or Not).
But, my reseller told me about a CORSAIR subsidiary in SWITZERLAND.

Can you confirm this information ?
Is there a way to get an rma with them if my reseller doesn't want to change my parts ?

SWITZERLAND is really near and it will very cool if i will be able to deal with them.

CU
FabinovX

Old 09-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 141202

Well all I can tell you is if the reseller will not or cannot help you we will be happy to exchange them directly! However, all of our offshore resellers should be able to help you get your modules replaced as far as I know there are arrangements in place to help them help you as our mutual customer!
All that being said, this is what I would do if it were me! Please try the reseller and see if they will help you! If they refuse to help, please email me with your reseller’s info and I will be happy to contact our European Sales Manager and address any questions about reseller responsibilities with our products! In the worst case we will take care of the issue directly ASAP! On the other hand it may help the reseller get a better relationship with our company and a better understanding of our policy to better help you as our customer!
I cannot promise that I would be able to change anything, but I will sure be happy to ask! As far as I know when I have ever had a issue like this; it has helped all concerned get it resolved!

Old 09-09-2004, 04:26 PM

POST ID # = 142537
FabinovX Reputation: 10

It's me one more time......
My reseller told me there was about 2 monthes delay to obtain new memory parts.....
Well, i don't think i 'm going to try to change my parts anymore because of this delay.
So, i tried to do more test with.
I didn't try to go above 209 Mhz in my test.
one of my part worked fine with stock voltage and 2.3.2.6 timings, in every dimm slot from 200 to 209 Mhz. :)
the other one worked fine with stock voltage and 2.3.2.6 in every slot but only from 200 to 203 Mhz :(

if i use both parts in dual channel mode, i have several errors at 200 Mhz and stock voltage and timings (i know you know that).
But i don't really understand why ?

Well, next i tried to relax the timings using 2.3.3.6 instead of 2.3.2.6 and now both worked fine at stock voltage at 200 Mhz and more (i now use FSB 214 Mhz and all is fine at stock voltage).

Can you tell me if there is a big performance difference between 2.3.3.6 and 2.3.2.6 timings ?

regarding to that i'm going to keep my parts, because 2 monthes i really a too long delay for me, and i think 214 @ 2.3.3.6 is quite enough for me (well i would prefer 2.3.2.6 but there are things much more important than that in life, aren't they?).

RamGuy, I want to really really thank you for your help, and want to say to you that if i have to buy new xtreme memory parts in the future, i will buy Corsair again because of the serious/very good quality and service image you gave to me. (sorry for that frenchy translation...i hope you will understand it)

The only thing i regret is that i live in a 400000 citizen city (the fourth of France) and it is still impossible to found Corsair parts at resellers stores !
so it is always hazardous/difficult to spend money on a product you can't see, and many more when you know about some friends whom ordered un product and get another one, because of availability was wrong on the internet store.....
Yes, in France, you can see such a thing !

C U (but not to soon i hope ;))

FabinovX.

Old 09-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 142546

I Well I do understand your situation and I thank you for the vote of confidence! However, I would suggest you go ahead and submit the RMA directly with us and explain the issue you had with your reseller, our Customer Service may be able to help get them to resolve this!
But either way please let me know how it turns out and or if you need any help!