Corsair Community

icue not controlling Ramapage VI Extreme backlighting quite right

sparkster2301

Firstly I would like to say how mightily impressed I was to find I can now control my lighting on my ROG Rampage VI Extreme via icue. This software is easily better than ASUS Armoury Crate, by many many factors. However I just wanted to point out something that is not 'quite right' in the hope it can be fixed or patched in a future release of icue. The Rampage Vi Extreme has around three independent motherboard backlights and it appears to only control one of them correctly. If I select single color for example across the lighting on the entire motherboard, only one of the backlights will display the correct selected color. In fact on the list of individual lighting controls, only two Backplate Lighting Controls is listed, with only one lighting control working correctly. Would be super lovely to see this tweaked and fixed, I can then uninstall the horrible horrible Armoury Crate forever!

I am hoping for a fix as well for this. It has been like his since the original release of the plug-in.

Unfortunately for me when I enable the plug-in it will cause ICue to lock-up after a bit. Even after restarting so I have stopped using it.

I tried to revert from ASUS Armoury to Aura Sync with which I was somewhat successful BUT I was unable to get ASUS Armoury to relinquish its grip on the OLED display on my board. If I installed Live Dash it no longer was able to control or change the display. If I could work out a fix for this (without having to go through the trouble of a fresh Windows install), then I can revert to Aura completely and forget about the horrible experience of Crate.