Corsair Community

Corsair h150i pro XT 360mm pump temp

dreamwinder716

The core temps are appropriate for idle and that coolant temperature, but the coolant temp itself is a bit warm. My room runs warm in Summer too, but +10C over is more like a full load. Where in the O11 do you have the H150i radiator? Which direction are the fans blowing (intake or exhaust)? What about the other fans? Usually this is either some type of restriction (dust filter) or an airflow problem.

Do you have any other sensor data (motherboard temp, etc) to help identify the actual in case temperature? Or I suppose another way is to pop the glass of the front and side and see if the coolant drops 5C in a few minutes.

When I ran my O11D, it was a 2x360 exhaust in the top and side. 28C was my room temp on bad days, but the peak coolant temp was still 38-39C on 450-500W. I didn't have an airflow problem with arguably worse flow than you. I am not entirely sure what's going here. There are some other ways to test things. Drop the fan speed from that healthy 1300 rpm down to about 600 rpm. See how the coolant temp changes. If the case temp is the underlying factor, it may not get any warmer. It would be interesting if it were to get noticeable warmer. Try the same thing and set the pump speed to the "Quiet" setting. If the coolant temp starts going up with low fan speed and lower pump speed at idle, there may be an internal issue with the H150i XT.

i tried setting the exaust fans and the rad to quiet mode and set the intake fans to silent curve,without pannels it dropped to 36.20C,with pannels it went 37.60C. run about 10mins.also tried setting all fans to 600rpm with pump at silent mode(with pannels) it went up to 40.40C

1794671714_tempsnopannelssilent.thumb.png.15fb3fa6005a8ef9357bd9250ef132fb.png

153168576_tempssilentwithpannels.thumb.png.bf61bda95931cec943ef3a123b2bb068.png

600rpm.thumb.png.47f864f7635ca230357500d2a6bb9ee7.png

QL fans on side intake at 800 rpm won't do much, with how restrictive the side panel is. Remember they have weak static pressure. I would try to run them faster to try to force some hot air out of the back of the case, and not let the H150 do all the work.

If the temps are better wuth glass panels off, it means the H150 isn't getting enough fresh air

A 1.5C difference with the glass on/off is pretty standard for the O11D and it seems like the internal case temperature is legitimately around 37C with a matching MB temp. I don't know if there any contributing environmental factors with the room. Placing it in a corner, back side against a warm wall, under a trapped desk area all can create a warmer than expected area. You might try a standard house fan blowing toward the general area around the case to make sure air is circulating.

We were chasing this from the more difficult end, but if you want to confirm the cooler does not have an issue, set the fans to 1300 rpm fixed and run a mild stress test like the CPU-Z "Bench" Stress test or something similar for 5-10 minutes. Expected coolant rise would be +4-6C depending on the test. If the coolant shoots up to 50C+, then we are looking at an internal problem on the XT.

A 1.5C difference with the glass on/off is pretty standard for the O11D and it seems like the internal case temperature is legitimately around 37C with a matching MB temp. I don't know if there any contributing environmental factors with the room. Placing it in a corner, back side against a warm wall, under a trapped desk area all can create a warmer than expected area. You might try a standard house fan blowing toward the general area around the case to make sure air is circulating.

We were chasing this from the more difficult end, but if you want to confirm the cooler does not have an issue, set the fans to 1300 rpm fixed and run a mild stress test like the CPU-Z "Bench" Stress test or something similar for 5-10 minutes. Expected coolant rise would be +4-6C depending on the test. If the coolant shoots up to 50C+, then we are looking at an internal problem on the XT.

so i did some stress test about 10mins,set all fans to 1300rpm,the pump temp increased by 2C only,from 40C to 42C. i also attached a photo of my pc,from the front edge of my pc is about 7inches from the wall.

921845996_stressstart.thumb.png.044f1c1e257da537cdc4734fdf39bc7f.png

68690346_stressstop.thumb.png.5eed25a20827d4944178fbe1e523704a.png

pc.thumb.jpg.849082ea7443ba377a9b3c6427a66d65.jpg

So the cooler is working, you just have a tough environment. I still am surprised at the internal vs the external for that case. I have worked quite a bit with it and the XL version. You can try the H150i on the side as intake, you try all side/top fans as exhaust, but I think the easiest and first thing I might do is put a house blowing from the front side to keep the air around the case moving off. That gets new air toward the intake and blows waste heat away. All of this at idle which is a bit more puzzling, but this is why every set-up is unique.

Try turning off all the led light ? I have the same problem

Eeesh. I had thought of that but dismissed it since the core temps were right for the coolant temp. However, the smart thing would be to do just that and set it to black. See if the pump temp drops 5C in 2 seconds. I was hoping this was no longer a thing.

So the cooler is working, you just have a tough environment. I still am surprised at the internal vs the external for that case. I have worked quite a bit with it and the XL version. You can try the H150i on the side as intake, you try all side/top fans as exhaust, but I think the easiest and first thing I might do is put a house blowing from the front side to keep the air around the case moving off. That gets new air toward the intake and blows waste heat away. All of this at idle which is a bit more puzzling, but this is why every set-up is unique.

is it safe for the pump to run at 38-45C in the long run? does it not affect the lifespan of my aio? i use my pc about 5-10hrs daily

No, it shouldn’t affect longevity. It’s about 5C over what I would normally expect. The biggest change is you won’t want to use the preset fan curves developed for a standard 20-23C room, but then that is the case in Summer for most people any way. The general room temperature has more effect on total system temps than most of your cooling options or improvements.

I'm kinda in the same boat.

I recently upgraded to a CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT 360 from a CORSAIR Hydro Series, H100i RGB PLATINUM 240. However, the H100i performed better. Default temps increased by 16c with default thermal paste. I replace it with thermal grizzly. Temps dropped about half 6-8c but that’s still an increase in heat and my cpu runs hotter with the H150i.

After a few days of playing around with settings and fan curves I’m thinking the pump is bad. I can’t seem to get mine over 2600 RPM using the extreme profile but I am using my old H100i as reference and that ran at performance mode 2600 rpm and extreme mode 3000 rpm.

What is the rpm range on the H150i pump?

XT and Platinum models have the same pump and it should operate at the same 3 fixed presets (~2000/2450/3000), if you are on the most recent firmware. The original Platinum coolers had 2 fixed speeds around 2400 and 3000 rpm.

2600 rpm seems a bit low to be within normal variance for me. It seems like some of the CPU temp rise was contact related. If the pump is holding you back, it should show up as an abnormal coolant rise. What kind of idle H150i XT Temp (coolant temp) do you normally see at idle and how much does it go up at load? Room temperature is relevant for both.

XT and Platinum models have the same pump and it should operate at the same 3 fixed presets (~2000/2450/3000), if you are on the most recent firmware. The original Platinum coolers had 2 fixed speeds around 2400 and 3000 rpm.

2600 rpm seems a bit low to be within normal variance for me. It seems like some of the CPU temp rise was contact related. If the pump is holding you back, it should show up as an abnormal coolant rise. What kind of idle H150i XT Temp (coolant temp) do you normally see at idle and how much does it go up at load? Room temperature is relevant for both.

I thought those pumps were the same. RMA time.