Corsair Community

Ironclaw RGB Wireless Showing as duplicate every time i reconnect it

finlaycarver

I used to have connection issues with my Ironclaw Wireless fairly regularly as I would charge it by connecting it via USB to my PC, when it was charged and I unplugged it, I would have to spend 10 minutes unplugging and plugging in the dongle and trying to reconnect the mouse to it. Since then I have abandoned this and taken to simply charging it straight from a plug socket, which causes far less issues, my problem now is that in iCUE the mouse seems to have been renamed every time i resynced it with the adapter meaning it now has a whole load of (1)s after the name, this is more annoying than anything, but does anyone know a way of resetting it through windows or resetting iCUE? I have already tried reinstalling iCUE, uninstalling the mouse through device manager and resetting the mouse as per the instructions on Corsair's website but nothing has worked, any ideas?

P.S. I know this is quite long, sorry

1241462692_Screenshot(19).png.b92bcff59fbfc366846dd2907354ecb6.png

• 2 months later...
I used to have connection issues with my Ironclaw Wireless fairly regularly as I would charge it by connecting it via USB to my PC, when it was charged and I unplugged it, I would have to spend 10 minutes unplugging and plugging in the dongle and trying to reconnect the mouse to it. Since then I have abandoned this and taken to simply charging it straight from a plug socket, which causes far less issues, my problem now is that in iCUE the mouse seems to have been renamed every time i resynced it with the adapter meaning it now has a whole load of (1)s after the name, this is more annoying than anything, but does anyone know a way of resetting it through windows or resetting iCUE? I have already tried reinstalling iCUE, uninstalling the mouse through device manager and resetting the mouse as per the instructions on Corsair's website but nothing has worked, any ideas?

I too found that plugging it into a USB port tended to cause issues, although in my case it was either loss of, or duplication of, the taskbar charging icon.

Windows may have to take some of the blame for the naming issue, as it's prone to adding (1) to devices if it finds them on another port, apparently I have 3 identical laser colour printers which would be nice if it were true :o)

Solution: Bring up Corsair Control Panel. If the devices are pictorial icons, then at the right hand end of the "Devices" titlebar you'll find a little square 4-blob icon, click that to toggle to text display mode and you'll see the names of the devices. Double click on the device name you want to change, and delete any (1) junk. Done :o)

I have other issues too with this wretched driver/panel... sometimes I get two instances of the same mouse - I can't do anything about that other than reboot but it also means that I get two battery status icons in the tray! If that happens, right-click the CORSAIR tray icon (not the battery status icon) and click on the tickbox next to one of the mouse devices to stop it displaying. Sometimes that results in the battery icon disappearing altogether in which case do the same thing and untick the other instance and tick the other one, hehehe, if that doesn't sort it then a reboot is needed to reset everything.

Hope that helps!

P.S. I know this is quite long, sorry

I have experienced the same connection issue you describe with the Harpoon RGB Wireless mouse. When I have to charge it, when running in wireless 2.4 ghz mode, I connect the USB charging/data cable to another USB port on my computer and plug the cable into the mouse. After i finish charging I unplug the cable from the mouse but then the wireless 2.4 ghz no longer works. This is really poor. I do not understand your solution to this problem unless you are simply saying that you charge your mouse at some time when it is not in use and separately from your computer.