Corsair Community

iCUE problems

MrToth83

SOLVED!

Hi. I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

I updated iCUE yesterday, and now it won't run.

When I start it, the window pops up, and after a second or two it shuts down. I have tried reinstalling, I've tried to remove the folders for corsair in "AppData" before reinstalling, I've tried an older version, but it's all the same.

I use iCUE for my Void RGB Elite headset and my K70 keyboard.

Any help would be appreciated, as I use iCUE alot when gaming.

Edited by MrToth83
The issue has been solved.

I don’t understand why it’s doing that. It reads like some type of registry corruption, but that’s not certain. You’ve done the right things. Make sure you do them consecutively. Either delete the App Data/Roaming/Corsair folder or cut and paste it to desktop. Uninstall iCUE and check the box to “delete settings”. After uninstall, reboot the laptop before installing the current iCUE.

Is there any kind of new anti-virus or anti-cheat software in games you have active?

I don’t understand why it’s doing that. It reads like some type of registry corruption, but that’s not certain. You’ve done the right things. Make sure you do them consecutively. Either delete the App Data/Roaming/Corsair folder or cut and paste it to desktop. Uninstall iCUE and check the box to “delete settings”. After uninstall, reboot the laptop before installing the current iCUE.

Is there any kind of new anti-virus or anti-cheat software in games you have active?

Thanks. I'll give it another go. Rework my steps, and see if there's anything I might have forgotten.

Do you have somekind kind of list over which folders is connected to iCUE? I found several folders in AppData, that wasn't even called iCUE or Corsair, but they still contained files for the software.

I have no new anti-virus, or anti-cheats. The only new thing is the headset. I went from a Void RGB, to a Void RGB Elite, but it registered and worked fine until I updated the iCUE software.

The C:Program Files x86/Corsair/iCUE folder should automatically come and go with installation. The crash on open stuff is usually related to the profile data and that is only in the C:Users/(name)/App Data/Roaming/Corsair folder. You would remove or delete the entire Corsair folder from the roaming list. Those are all your profiles, so if you delete it, you will have to re-create or re-import any backed up profiles.

We've seen some issues with Anti-cheat software blocking iCUE. There are some new ones that work on the kernel level and I don't know how that is going to impact things.

I finally found a solution to the problem.

As I went from a VOID RGB Pro to a VOID RGB Elite, everything went haywire. iCUE wouldn't start, and while in mid-game, the headset would suddenly not give any sound. The mic recorded.

I've done several full-on delete of the Corsair software, but still with the same problems.

When I forgot to connect the headset after a complete delete, I found the problem. It was the headset all along.

Not only was it worse sounding, but it f***ed my computer.

I returned the headset for a full refund, and bought a Virtuoso instead. Man it's like night and day. From the first second I connected the dongle, everything has worked.

As a conclusion: If the software doesn't work proparly, and you have a VOID RGB Elite, throw that crap in the dumpster and get yourself a Pro, or any other headset :)