Corsair Community

Corsair RGB Vengence RAM

crashnburnxp

I hate to say it, but I suspect we won't see a release date until at least late-Mar 2017, which is a shame given I need to purchase a new system no later than mid-Feb...

Would be nice if pricing was only a little more than current Vengeance LEDs, though.

• 1 month later...
Will these work with X99 systems?

Time will tell ;):. Corsair claim that CL 4.6.0.86 will but they also claimed CL 4.5.0.55 would control single-color Vengeance DRAM and it failed to control mine.

• Full single-color Vengeance DRAM support (including synced pulse) for Z170/Z270
  • Full Vengeance RGB DRAM support for Z170/Z270
  • X99 support for both items above (Beta)

Dare I ask this, but what about Ryzen chipsets, like Gigabyte Aorus, MSI or ASUS? Those are designed to work with RGB components from other manufacturers...

In any case, it may be some months before we have the same range as the single-colour chips. However, it would be good if the store sold a 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz pack.

I have in my system now the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000Mhz DDR4 CL15 Black - CMK16GX4M2B3000C15.

So I have two open slots. If I got two 8GB sticks of the new RGB RAM and put it in my PC would I be able to control it or would I have incompatibility with the other older RAM?

Can I use both kits at the same time or I need to abandon the old one?

I have in my system now the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000Mhz DDR4 CL15 Black - CMK16GX4M2B3000C15.

So I have two open slots. If I got two 8GB sticks of the new RGB RAM and put it in my PC would I be able to control it or would I have incompatibility with the other older RAM?

Can I use both kits at the same time or I need to abandon the old one?

You may wish to wait until Corsair confirms, but you should be able to run the new chips alongside LPX, since they use the same technology.

Archived