Corsair Community

Scimitar PRO RGB - Cursor started to move by itself

Winter Cola

Hi

I bought Corsair Scimitar PRO RGB and was very happy with the new mouse and it's qualities.

But just after 2-3h of use, while the computer was idling and i wasnt touching it, the mouse cursor started to move by itself towards the upper left corner. First i was afraid(I was petrified :P) that my computer is being hijacked, but soon realised that the cursor is now stuck on the upper left corner and i cannot move it from there, the mouse keeps "pulling" it there and wont take other commands from the sensor it seems. Buttons work fine.

I can connect another mouse and pull the cursor away from the corner with that, but the Scimitar allways keeps pulling it back to the upper left corner.

I Tried everything, installing the drivers again x10, did factory reset 5 times, plugged it in to 2 other computers with no mouse drivers installed, it just keeps doing it as soon as you plug it in.

I believe i should RMA it, what do you guys think?...

Try a firmware reflashing. If that does not help, put in a support ticket with Corsair.

You dont really understand... How am i suppose to do that?

The mouse cursor pins to the upper left corner and wont move from there. The Corsair Utility Engine doesn't work with keyboard commands only and as soon as i disconnect the mouse from the PC, the options for the mouse will dissappear from the software.... I can try to move the cursor with another mouse while both of them are connected, but the cursor will just keep flying past the window towards the top left corner and trying to hit eny small(or big for the matter) buttons is close to impossible....

Okay, i found a workaround to the problem but even the firmware update did not help :(

I adjusted the pointer speed in windows to the minium, and with that it was easier to counter the mouse pointers forced movement with the other mouse.

Well, i was able to force update on the mouse, but as soon as the mouse restarts after the update, it starts doing it again. So, there is something wrong with the mouse, i think i must RMA it.

Did you try cleaning the lens with something soft like a cotton bud or microfiber cloth? Defo contact support, sounds like you might have to RMA it though :(

Yes i did, and that cant be what is causing it. It's automatic and forced movement, it moves constantly by itself, so dirt on the lens cant do it, unless its an extra tiny hamster on a wheel, constantly running on top of the sensor:p:

Yes i did, and that cant be what is causing it. It's automatic and forced movement, it moves constantly by itself, so dirt on the lens cant do it, unless its an extra tiny hamster on a wheel, constantly running on top of the sensor:p:

Had an issue like that and that fixed it. Wonder if a hammer might help :D: Good luck with support

Archived