Corsair Community

Corsair 1500 background hiss *semi-fix*

MikeJP

I initially came here to complain about the background hiss that a lot of people are also finding with their product. After reading through the multiple topics, I realized this was likely a situation where I'd either have to RMA, live with it, or try to deal with it myself. Well RMA is a pain and I don't like "living with it" when I paid good money and expect a quality product. So here's what has *helped* fix it, all small things taken from other posters' threads.

1) The pre-loaded audio defaults are WAY too loud. If you want that hiss to go away, try dropping your equalizer settings in Corsair 1.1 (or 2.0) all below 0db. These headsets do not need a +db boost, they've got a plenty of thump as it is.

2) Run your finger over the mic, do you hear any feedback? Disable the mic in Corsair Headset Control Panel and drop it to 0.

3) Turn down your system volume to ~20%. (I know many people are saying that even at 1-5% they are experiencing deafening noise - this is to do with the equalizer)

4) Disable playback of microphone / recording devices in your Control Panel -> Sound (Windows 8) or Devices (Windows 7)

This severely *reduced* the background hiss for me. It is still audible and annoying because now you're expecting it all the time. Hopefully it works for you, if not, all you lost was a few minutes of your time. Good luck!

P.S. 5) After trying these, if you are still experiencing severe background hiss, try cycling to 2.0 to 5.1 to 7.1. Some people have said that will help.

Cheers.

Edit: To clarify to Corsair, I have decided to RMA these regardless. I want a working headset, and this fix makes them "work" in the meantime at the expense of not having a useable microphone. If the second pair has the same issue I will be seeking a refund.

Archived