Corsair Community

Lighting Node Issue

shannonjpower

Im not sure if im missing something, but my lighting node doesnt recall profile settings and continually reverts back to an older profile after turning off the PC.

Initially I setup the lighting node to pulse between red and black. Now every time I change the profile settings to different colours etc it works, but as soon as I turn off the PC and then back on again, the lights have reverted back to the red and black pulsing. I then have to go back into the Corsair Link software and reload my profile for the colours etc to change.

Am I missing something here? Surely the lighting node would recall the settings last saved when using the Corsair link software even after powering down :confused:

Forgot to mention I uninstalled Corsair link, deleted the registry entry, created new profile, deleted that and created another new one etc but no go.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I give up, ive tried everything I can possibly think of. Deleting and creating new profiles, leaving the commander + nodes unplugged for approx 3 hours, moving the cables on the commander. Nothing works. After reading a few older posts it looks like the profile is stored in the commander and nothing will fix it (apart from flashing the firmware). A hard reset button or something would have been nice to prevent all of this. So what now?

• Corsair Employee

Once you save your Profile when you shut the system off and when you first turn it on that is correct the Profile will have to be loaded again by running the Corsair Link software. But when you open Link it should run your profile you last saved.

This is a known issue and we are working to correct it with the next release.

That is not how it works with me. The Link software opens up and the fans etc go to their correct settings. But the lights do not. I have to select the profile again to get the lighting node to load the proper settings.

That is not how it works with me. The Link software opens up and the fans etc go to their correct settings. But the lights do not. I have to select the profile again to get the lighting node to load the proper settings.

Sounds like you have the exact same problem as me. Even after powering on and opening Corsair link, I still need to reload my profile again for the changes to take affect. So i can't even set the link software to run on startup as a temp fix.

• 4 weeks later...
Can we please have an update regarding this issue? I'm still suffering the same problem even after flashing the commander with the newest firmware and running the latest beta software.

I also updated the link with firmware 2.06 and software 2.0.16 and gives me 'the same as your problem

after making several profiles i had the same problem

how i worked around this

i made my dashboard,i clicked on save as [not just save] and typed an already stored profile

link will say that profile exists-over write?-click yes

worked for me

i agree my luck with the lighting settings may not work with others but i spent alot of time trying to get it to work and then i tryed it as mentioned and after tons of link closing/openings and many restarts of the computer it has retained the setting on every profile that ive saved .at the least its worth a try

my temp sets were 25/35/57 c with black blue and red and batting 100 so far.

john dont jinx my good fortune :D:

• 2 weeks later...
Once you save your Profile when you shut the system off and when you first turn it on that is correct the Profile will have to be loaded again by running the Corsair Link software. But when you open Link it should run your profile you last saved.

This is a known issue and we are working to correct it with the next release.

So is Corsair Link v2 considered the next release? Because I just updated and it didn't fix this issue. Thats 6 months I've had this product and I have to load up the software and manually turn LEDs back on every, single, time, I restart or wake from sleep.:rant:

Yes I have the 2.06 firmware and a fresh install of Win7 x64.

When I reboot my pc or wake it from sleep they default to off. Just loading the software doesn't always fix it, I have to switch between profiles and restart the service sometimes too. Its an annoying chore so I just leave them off.

Archived