Corsair Community

K70 adding additional characters

Parthantìr

I have been using this K70 for a few years with no issues. But starting a couple of days ago it's been adding a "c" after a 1 on the number row and a "q" after a 2. Using the control panel to repair the iCUE software fixes it until I reboot again after the proper installation of the repair (It does work properly before that reboot as well). I've checked if the issue appears when I have the keyboard connected to a different computer and it doesn't, the keyboard functions normally.

I believe this issue started after I made a new profile on iCUE that was nearly identical to my normal one, but had a macro on a media key that only output a click and an escape keystroke. But this issue occurs on all of my profiles.

It's not a huge issue yet, but I would still really like to solve it.

Thank you for any help.

Try deleting the macro or any other actions from the Library. You can leave them in the actual profile. Unfortunately the non-G key boards seem to react in a different way than the K95 and K57 types. This does not work for everyone.

Either way this is a bug specific to 3.22. There are about 20 threads in keyboard and iCUE sections discussing it in various ways. Unfortunately many have unhelpful titles. Look for ESC, Macro, bug, “random keys” etc. if you don’t want to redo all your profiles, don’t roll back to 3.21 without understanding the complications.